• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

BC Racing BR Damper Kit EP3

http://www.hsdcoilovers.com/

These have been getting pretty good reviews from the guys on Driftworks, proving very popular, and cracking prices as well.

Don't know anyone who's tried them on an EP3, but they might well be worth a look.

The BC is what I have been looking at suspension wise, let me know how you get on :)

http://www.hsdcoilovers.com/

These have been getting pretty good reviews from the guys on Driftworks, proving very popular, and cracking prices as well.

Don't know anyone who's tried them on an EP3, but they might well be worth a look.

Just been having a read up on these Nick, as you say they are getting good reviews :cool:

Just when I think ive made a decision :p:lol:

I had a go in my mates car with BC coilovers. My first experiance on coilovers and to be fair it's alot better than stock. The fun bit was experimenting with the dampening and seeing how the car behaves. I really enjoyed messing with that, turn in was nice, it didn't crash over bumps but when calming down and just driving from point to point it acts like a standard car. I would suggest reading the reviews on the CTRO forum but don't expect to get much useful out of them if you want to know something here's the place the ask. type-r-owners > ctro

1. Newandnaive
2. 54Chris something
3. R8by8

^^ these guys have them

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a go in my mates car with BC coilovers. My first experiance on coilovers and to be fair it's alot better than stock. The fun bit was experimenting with the dampening and seeing how the car behaves. I really enjoyed messing with that, turn in was nice, it didn't crash over bumps but when calming down and just driving from point to point it acts like a standard car. I would suggest reading the reviews on the CTRO forum but don't expect to get much useful out of them if you want to know something here's the place the ask. type-r-owners > ctro

1. Newandnaive
2. 54Chris something
3. R8by8

^^ these guys have them

Ive been reading the reviews on there, thanks for letting me know though :D

Its a hard thing to choose, there is so much choice and a lot of people will overlook them because they are cheaper than the usually highly rated ones. I just cant decide :confused:

I agree with you totally for the price im sure they are pretty good. But if you want the best out of the car you need to pay for it so Buddyclub N+ for me unless some mint monoflex teins come up for sale

Good history behind the Buddyclub range with their race car and everyone who i have spoke to has reviewed them in two words "f***ing amazing"

Good reviews on Evo's these, but they are very new. Whether they are still in 1 piece 2/3 years down the line..... only time will tell

Good reviews on Evo's these, but they are very new. Whether they are still in 1 piece 2/3 years down the line..... only time will tell

Thats good to hear, im getting very tempted to order a set.

Meant to be a crashy ride on the scoobs I would have thought they would have been the same as the evo's

A few guys over on ATR.org have fitted the BC's, again great value and currently good feedback on them and how they perform. I will reserve judgment until they have been on a car for a year or so and see how well they hold up longterm. Had one fail within 20 miles when the eyelet fitting just snapped off, which immediately rang warning bells for me.
Without wanting to sound like a snob, cheap stuff is usually cheap for a reason.

A few guys over on ATR.org have fitted the BC's, again great value and currently good feedback on them and how they perform. I will reserve judgment until they have been on a car for a year or so and see how well they hold up longterm. Had one fail within 20 miles when the eyelet fitting just snapped off, which immediately rang warning bells for me.
Without wanting to sound like a snob, cheap stuff is usually cheap for a reason.

spot on. rebuilds all round after 1-2 years.

No alwaus true, I have Tein monoflex and it's taken all of 6 months for the top mounts to need refurbbing due to not liking normal roads. £1600 and they last that long. Not happy going for BC next so will let you know how I get on :)

No alwaus true, I have Tein monoflex and it's taken all of 6 months for the top mounts to need refurbbing due to not liking normal roads. £1600 and they last that long. Not happy going for BC next so will let you know how I get on :)

There will always be exceptions, my teins were fitted for 4 years and around 70k miles, never an issue. Pillowball top mounts are not meant for road use really anyway, so a little unfair. Dont get me wrong, the BC stuff looks good and seems to perform well, i just said i will reserve judgement on them until a few cars have done plenty of time and mileage on them.

Mine are only a month old now so no suprise really they are still ok..:)

Yes, there will always be exceptions and yes you only get what you pay for. I came very close to choosing the buddyclub N+ set...800quid is a fantastic price for what you get with that kit.

I was pretty intrigued by the BC Racing coilies, and after lots of research on the net I found ALOT of positive reviews. I barely found any problem stories...of course time will tell. But the banker for me was the availability of parts, they are completely serviceable and all parts are in stock in the UK..next day delivery. I am of the mind that making any car lower and stiffer and you will experience problems, I could spend alot of cash on the best coilovers avilable and spend a few months driving round worcestershires b-roads and they, or something else on the car, will be ronnied. Solid top mounts and lowering/camber etc is not ideal for our roads.
I'm hopeful they will be fine for me, they certainly perform well..and they look well made to me also. The spec is good, the price is good...was worth a shot imo.

If you have any doubts stump up the extra 200 and get the buddyclubs, but so far I am happy with the BCR's.

Mine are only a month old now so no suprise really they are still ok..:)

Yes, there will always be exceptions and yes you only get what you pay for. I came very close to choosing the buddyclub N+ set...800quid is a fantastic price for what you get with that kit.

I was pretty intrigued by the BC Racing coilies, and after lots of research on the net I found ALOT of positive reviews. I barely found any problem stories...of course time will tell. But the banker for me was the availability of parts, they are completely serviceable and all parts are in stock in the UK..next day delivery. I am of the mind that making any car lower and stiffer and you will experience problems, I could spend alot of cash on the best coilovers avilable and spend a few months driving round worcestershires b-roads and they, or something else on the car, will be ronnied. Solid top mounts and lowering/camber etc is not ideal for our roads.
I'm hopeful they will be fine for me, they certainly perform well..and they look well made to me also. The spec is good, the price is good...was worth a shot imo.

If you have any doubts stump up the extra 200 and get the buddyclubs, but so far I am happy with the BCR's.

Nice to hear a good review :D

So then it would seem alot of people are liking the BC's then? I never realised that they were a new coilover. Im kind of swaying towards a more established coilover, not knocking the BC, its just this is the kind of thing I only want to be changing once.

So then it would seem alot of people are liking the BC's then? I never realised that they were a new coilover. Im kind of swaying towards a more established coilover, not knocking the BC, its just this is the kind of thing I only want to be changing once.

Thats the only thing which is putting me off I think.

Back