• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Beat Type R

That's good to hear. Seems like they all suffer with the leaky roof. But my plan is to keep it garaged and use it in roof down mode! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
From memory there is a company in Oxted that can supply a new roof for about 350 ish as well so nothing bank breaking.

http://www.oxted-trimming.co.uk/

But as you say as long as you keep it out of the rain as much as poss then it'll be fine.

I've pinched somebodies pics from last year lol

Gaydon 2006

dscf00976sy.jpg

8058-Park.jpg

my beat is on the left :D its one marge sat in last year lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a look. Yeah seems over priced slightly, probably chancing their arm to try and get as much as they can. Be interesting to know what has happened to the engine and what work has been done, otherwise seems to be in fairly good condition from the pictures.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I reckon that Beats won't lose there value much more than what they cost now, anywhere from 2.5K upwards.

When they were first imported back in the 90's Beats were sold for around and above 10k IIRC.

Much the same for me really. Any parts i need i can get through my local Honda stealer, which normally take a few days, but i haven't done much maintainance yet, cos i've not yet had it a year. As AliA says, it ain't exactly watertight, but there are ways around it, and new soft tops are obtainable, if not exactly cheap. The only problems i've had with mine are occasional reluctant hot starting, and some play in the steering above 70mph. The hot start prob is down to the main relay, and the steering needs either track rod ends or(gulp) a new rack. And i too am not expecting to lose much money come sale time. Here's a picture of mine.

Marge

Attachments

• Image104.jpg
    Image104.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 15
Stop posting these pictures, makes me what one even more :p :p :p

I'm gonna ask the guy on ebay about the engine and take it from there. Didn't really want to spend over £3200 and for that I wanted a nice example in RED!!!!

Back