• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bending Aircon Pipes! :shock:

Does anyone know if this can be done safely?

I've fitted my J's Racing Strut Bar and the black flex pipe on the left side of the engine has been pushed onto the the engine head. I'm (very) concerned it's gonna melt through :shock:

I think that a minor mod to either the aircon bracket on the far left of the engine bay or the metal piping could be bend a few mm to cue the problem.

Anyone have any suggestions / solutions for this?

I'm gonna show Guy @ CPL tomorrow and see what he thinks.

- Kevin.

I wouldn't advise bending any of the metal aircon pipes. I think they are made from aluminium and are likely to snap if you try and bend them.

You also have to accept that Honda will void any Aircon Warranty Claims if you bend the pipe - nice and easy get out clause for that Kevin. :shock:

Ive got a J's Racing Strut aswell.

Y didnt u fit the bracket underneath the flex pipe?

I managed to get it underneath, which raised a few mm from it original positionm but everything is fine!

Thanks for the advise guys, its defiantly fitted correctly, the left bracket goes under the aircon bracket and it follows the aircon pipe round nicely but its just 'not right'.

Guy @ CPL is gonna have a look tomorrow (going up there for K-Pro) and I'll let you know what he advises.

- Kevin.

ok boys here it is, It's fitted correctly as far as I can see, please let me know what you think of this problem :(

All looks good here...

Close up, see the silver bar pressing against the flex pipe

Close up of the above

Flex pipe pressing permanently against the engine head, my car is a toy and its always hot :(

As above, another angle

Again, As above, another angle

- Kevin.

Have you got an update to this??

How is the pipe looking - and what did CPL have to say?? :)

Sorry guy's, just noticed your responses.

Guy said it was fine and I'd fitted it correctly, he did mention that I should put a sleeve over the section of the pipe that touches the engine head to prevent wear and tear in the long run.

I've had it on for a couple of months now and it seems fine tbh. I'm actually very pleased 8)

- Kevin.

Kev mine is the same and I have not noticed anything so I have left it. How do you find the bar, I do think it helps stiffen the front end when cornering as does the back with the spoon

zeffania said:
Kev mine is the same and I have not noticed anything so I have left it. How do you find the bar, I do think it helps stiffen the front end when cornering as does the back with the spoon

Interesting, good to hear it does make a difference - You have the Spoon rear lower brace or the upper tower brace??

I am looking to get a JDM rear ARB, and will now consider the front upper strut brace as above. I am also considering the Spoon front lower strut brace as my car is standard ride height.

zeffania said:

It definitely makes a difference, the nose turns in faster now and it does feel stiffer than before. Worth the money IMO.

- Kevin.

dotty said:
Gunn79 said:
I am looking to get a JDM rear ARB,

Dont rush in to buying one of them!! Im in the middle of negotiating a group buy on them :wink:

I'm look for one of these too :D

Any ETA on this? Also will it include uprated bushes?

- Kevin.

moNoKnoT said:
dotty said:
Gunn79 said:
I am looking to get a JDM rear ARB,

Dont rush in to buying one of them!! Im in the middle of negotiating a group buy on them :wink:

I'm look for one of these too :D

Any ETA on this? Also will it include uprated bushes?

- Kevin.

I will let you know as soon as I do mate.. Watch this space. :wink:

Any chance you or someone want to set up a group buy for this product as well?? :D

6902190.jpg

Carbing Rear Lower Tie Bar here ($80)

http://www.jhpusa.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=25_78

I have emailed JHPUSA previously about the above item and received this response...

Shipping will be $47 for US air mail 4-10 business days. We can accept
money orders, cashier's checks or bank wire transfers only from outside of
the US.

Gunn79 said:
Any chance you or someone want to set up a group buy for this product as well?? :D

6902190.jpg

Carbing Rear Lower Tie Bar here ($80)

http://www.jhpusa.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=25_78

I have emailed JHPUSA previously about the above item and received this response...

Shipping will be $47 for US air mail 4-10 business days. We can accept
money orders, cashier's checks or bank wire transfers only from outside of
the US.

As far as I know Trung was trying to sort something out with these. Spoon or Dc tie bars will be easier to source but let me look in to it :wink:

Gunn the rear spoon strut I have is the one that sits just above the carpet. Not sure what they call that one and soon I hope to have a DC sports Ti bar to finish it all off

Back