• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bending Aircon Pipes! :shock:

moNoKnoT said:
CTR said:
zeffania said:
Not sure what they call that one

That's the upper rear strut brace mate. I have the same one :wink:

Where's that located? I cant make it out :oops:

- Kevin.

There is an OE strut brace in the location, just behind the rear seats in the boot, under the boot carpet where the 'hump' is.

Do you need to remove the carpet to use the Spoon??

Gunn79 said:
Do you need to remove the carpet to use the Spoon??

No you don't need to remove the carpet to ise the Spoon but the plastic clip underneath the carpet that clipped under the OE brace will no longer work so the carpet just rest on top the brace. The plastic covers that cover the struts can no longer be kept in place either, but who sees your boot anyway??

I had mine fitted at ADR a last year and they offered to cut the plastic covers they could be used in conjunction with the Spoon brace. I decided against it though. I can try and post a pic up if you want.

Like CTR says I dont have the plastic pillars on but my carpet still fits under the strut as I cut the plastic holder off. I will post a pic tomorrow

No time like the present, here you go Gunn

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

moNoKnoT said:
Zeff, have you gotta remove the plastic bits for that brace?

- Kevin.

Yup, the plastic wont give enough otherwise. I used a knife and just removed the plastic so it slides underneath fine now. I also picked up a carpet off the forum so when it goes back to standard it will be fixed.
If you do it just be careful, I wasnt and as you can see from the pic you can see I slightly cut the carpet, if you are careful that wont happen. I think it looks neater on

I fitted the E-tec Strut bar at lunch time today..

I created myself hassle by snapping the bolt that sits in the bracket for the air conditioning pipe (the bolt goes in to the wheel arch) I had to drill the old bolt out and fit another :evil:

dotty said:

I created myself hassle by snapping the bolt that sits in the bracket for the air conditioning pipe (the bolt goes in to the wheel arch) I had to drill the old bolt out and fit another :evil:

Unlucky mate.

dotty said:

Thats why you get other people to fit stuff for you Stu. :D

Back