• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ben's 2005 EP3 Civic Type AAAAAARRRRR!

Yeah I agree Ben the engine bays definitely have a similar look to them I have even got the Tegiwa dome nuts and washers too haha, although I dont think there is much difference performance wise I do prefer the look of your Tegiwa intake to my Injen CAI and it fills the gap left by the OEM airbox.

Definitely mate pre-facelift rear lights on a NHB EP3 = awesomeness haha.

If you have never been to TDI you will have a really good day all the lads there are brilliant and the stuff that they know is ridiculous lol, I reckon with the mods you have got along with the RBC and ECU you will make 240BHP maybe even a little more, make sure you update the thread with how you get on but trust me mate the difference is immense :)

Nice car mate, After the kPro, you'll probably run with 240+bhp.

After that you'll be wanting cams! :D

Thanks mate :) yeah i'm hoping to get 240ish if possible, the only thing that may prevent that is my Sports CAT but I will just have to wait and see.
At the moment I would say Cams are out of the question but knowing me I'll probably change my mind :)

My threads been very slow :lol:

Superleggeras finally at the powder coaters :D

Now looking at red wheel nuts, decals and centre caps to finish them off before they go on :D

Nice one Scott :) look forward to seeing the pics when you get them on the car

Yeah I agree Ben the engine bays definitely have a similar look to them I have even got the Tegiwa dome nuts and washers too haha, although I dont think there is much difference performance wise I do prefer the look of your Tegiwa intake to my Injen CAI and it fills the gap left by the OEM airbox.

Definitely mate pre-facelift rear lights on a NHB EP3 = awesomeness haha.

If you have never been to TDI you will have a really good day all the lads there are brilliant and the stuff that they know is ridiculous lol, I reckon with the mods you have got along with the RBC and ECU you will make 240BHP maybe even a little more, make sure you update the thread with how you get on but trust me mate the difference is immense :)

You cant beat a bit of engine bling, the dome nuts look class its just a shame they dont make the threaded bolts for the plug cover too so all the domes match.
Tegiwa is a nice bit of kit but they are quite pricey new and performance wise there is probably very little between the Injen CAI, if anything at all.
I agree Pre-Facelift Rears FTW :)! I havent been to TDI north before so i'm mega excited about getting the car mapped, 240 would be nice but anything close to 235 would do me nicely! The car has only done 37K and has been well serviced so i'm hoping it puts out a healthy figure before the mapping begins

Thats weird I have got all four plug cover threads with the Tegiwa dome nuts on, not sure how I managed that after looking at the pictures on your thread but its definitely possible to get them all matching. Its been a while now since I fit them but cant remember having any real issues very strange lol

The Tegiwa definitely looks the part mate and I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you go to TDI, the lads there are brilliant, I made 232BHP and youve got a sports manifold and sports cat too so I think you will definitely hit late 30's if not 240BHP.

The drive home will be immense pal thats all I am saying and the launch control is addictive, banging the 4000rpm limiter which is programmed in made me feel like a 17 year old again haha :)

Yeah if you could post some pics that would be great mate, do you have any issues with speed bumps etc?

Not on these springs I dont, no difference going over the standard speed bumps so far, which is great! a really nice subtle drop but on progressive springs.

I will take some pics today for you.

Thats weird I have got all four plug cover threads with the Tegiwa dome nuts on, not sure how I managed that after looking at the pictures on your thread but its definitely possible to get them all matching. Its been a while now since I fit them but cant remember having any real issues very strange lol

The Tegiwa definitely looks the part mate and I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you go to TDI, the lads there are brilliant, I made 232BHP and youve got a sports manifold and sports cat too so I think you will definitely hit late 30's if not 240BHP.

The drive home will be immense pal thats all I am saying and the launch control is addictive, banging the 4000rpm limiter which is programmed in made me feel like a 17 year old again haha :)

Cheers Pete :)
Have you got any close up pics of your plug cover?
I dont think Tegiwa sell the Dome bolts but I could be wrong

Yeah i'm hoping for 235+ after the RBC & Mapping so If I get 240 it would be a nice bonus, not sure what to get the rev limiter set at but I think most people have it set at around 8600/8800rpm. Launch control is going to be a lot of fun, not sure if its something I will use often but I bet its a great laugh :)

I will try and get a close up pic of the bolts/plug cover for you mate :) I am sure the caps do come off the back two screws too and then you just replace them with the Tegiwa Dome caps which is what I brought from Tegiwa.

I am sure you will make 235 buddy and reckon you will be closer to 240, launch control is addictive just hearing the needle bouncing off the 4000rpm rev limiter is brilliant and although as you said you wont use it everyday when you do its great fun :)

Update 07/06/2012

Right I should probably update this thread because I have made a few changes to the car in the last 5 or 6 weeks.
The car is booked in at TDi North for June 19th where it's having an RBC inlet Manifold (port matched), 70mm Throttle body, K100 & Mapping so i'm really looking forward to that.

At the moment i'm just waiting for my 70mm RBC adapter plate to be delivered and then I can get the RBC port matched with the throttle body so it's all ready for mapping. I opted for an S90 throttle body in the end simply because of the price and I couldn't really justify spending an extra £200-300 for essentially the same thing (Skunk, Spoon etc).

Anyway the car was at ABP Motorsport again at the end of May to have the following fitted

- Eibach Pro Kit Springs
- Eibach Adjustable Camber Arms (supplied by ABP)
- JDM Rear Anti-Roll Bar
- Tegiwa Control Arms
- Tegiwa Tie Bar
- Brembo Disks & Pads (All Round)
- ABP FRSU

I already had a mild FRSU with the OEM springs and Eibach front camber bolts but I wanted to basically get the more extreme set-up.
The car feels so much better now and the springs are a lot more comfortable than the OEM springs, feels much more planted in the corners and the understeer has been eliminated.

Gave the car a good clean before I headed to ABP
398883_10150974355605519_651986232_n-1.jpg

Loaded the car with my weapons of choice
398883_10150974355575519_1040507079_n.jpg

DSC00472.jpg

DSC00470.jpg

....and here are all the bits fitted :)
560439_10150976519250519_626195518_12395894_1419747033_n.jpg

542142_10150976518890519_626195518_12395893_231934454_n.jpg

DSC00520-1.jpg

Springs & Brakes at the front
DSC00486.jpg

I also bought myself a J's racing front upper strut brace from a lad off here
547834_10150952696200519_626195518_12324975_1950323143_n.jpg

DSC00463.jpg

I managed to source some stainless steel dome nuts to replace my Tegiwa anodized nuts and I had the Dome bolts customised so they all matched.

6000K HID Kit & LED Sidelights
DSC00510-1.jpg

S90 throttle body
DSC00466.jpg

DSC00468-1.jpg

That's about it for now, i'm just in the process of getting everything ready for my trip to TDI north but once the RBC adapter plate is delivered I can crack on with the port matching and get all the bits ready. One thing I did have to buy was a reducer pipe for the throttle body because the OD was 75mm and the Tegiwa Intake hose I have (same diameter as OEM) will only stretch to roughly 67/68mm at the very most so I managed to source a silicon 76-64mm reducer which will solve the problem.

I'll update again when I get back from TDI :) hopefully i'll be running 240bhp

Ben,

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloody hell Benji you've been busy :lol:

Love it mate, hopefully have a meet soon, I'm thinking of going down pretty m uch the same route as you, albeit slightly slower :lol:

Cheers Scott
Yeah it's coming along nicely mate, we will definately have to sort out another meet soon
Jon is keeping his EP3 now so he will no doubt be posting a new thread in the meet section soon, he’s selling his Cupra after owning it for 2 months lol

I might have to copy your idea with the DC5 Brembo's Scott
been watching a few sets on eBay so they might be my next purchase.

How are you finding the ABP 30mm Springs mate? I went for the Pro Kit on mine just because of clearance problems with the shocking roads by my house

Your cars great, theres a lot of things youve done that i am planning on doing with mine. :)

Cheers Scott
Yeah it's coming along nicely mate, we will definately have to sort out another meet soon
Jon is keeping his EP3 now so he will no doubt be posting a new thread in the meet section soon, he’s selling his Cupra after owning it for 2 months lol

I might have to copy your idea with the DC5 Brembo's Scott
been watching a few sets on eBay so they might be my next purchase.

How are you finding the ABP 30mm Springs mate? I went for the Pro Kit on mine just because of clearance problems with the shocking roads by my house

F'king lol 2 months in the diesel and he's keeping the EP3 after all :lol:

You can pick up brake kits that'll bolt straight onto the ep3 for the same money mate.

For the cash it'll cost you to change to S2000 discs, then spacers and buy the calipers themselves, you may aswell buy a second hand set that'll bolt straight on imo.

I bought my calipers for £300 I think (was that long ago now :lol: ) then discs cost £170 ish for a pair, then say £100 for some decent spacers, it's not worth the hassle imo. You can buy mine if you want though :lol:

Springs are fine, have to take it easy over certain speed bumps in my area but apart from that they're swish. Not too harsh but have improved handling with the FRSU. I daren't take it to near its limit though on the road, need to do some track days :D

:lol: Yeah I had a feeling he wouldn’t own the dirty diesel for very long, it’s a quick little car but diesels are so god damn boring and the power delivery isn’t the best, just comes in one big hit. He's keeping the EP3 for now but he hasn't sold his Cupra yet so anything could happen lol

I have been looking at a few brake kits but can’t really decide what would be the best value for money, DC5 brembo conversion seems decent but you can get a brand new set of Hi-Spec's for a similar price. I would love to get the Stoptech BBK but they cost £1450 which is too steep for me.
Have you fitted your brakes then yet mate? There is set on eBay at the moment with all the necessary parts but he wants £700 :rolleyes:

Speed bumps are a bloody nightmare, fortunately we don’t have too many over this way but I avoided the ABP springs because I knew my B-Pipe would get a battering, it already catches on my drive at home with the Pro Kits :)
but just about clears speed bumps/road humps by a couple of mm if I take it easy.

To the limit is where the fun starts mate, next time you visit the Evo triangle i'm sure you will have some fun:cool:

:lol: He just can't let that EP3 go :lol:

£1450 is alot to spend on brakes like. Half the price and you can have some that bolt straight on off e-bay. Still, £700, does that include lines too?

I've not fitted mine yet, need a few spares for the calipers, bleed nipples and what not. Some of the bolts were a bugger to get off when I was stripping them down because they were corroded, so need to source some more. I've just been lazy though and not bothered getting any yet :( :lol:

I've not had any scraping issues with my fujitsubo yet. Half expected the b-pipe to scrape on everything then have to take it off, but it's been fine so far.

Yeah next meet should be coolio, just hope we get decent weather again soon.

Back