• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ben's 2005 EP3 Civic Type AAAAAARRRRR!

Looks great buddy , Any links to the springs? There was 50mm tenzo springs fittied to mine when i bought it but they the front springs were really loose when jacked up , any problems with the ones you got? Any side on pics to shjow the height front and rear? many thanks jonathan

:lol: He just can't let that EP3 go :lol:

£1450 is alot to spend on brakes like. Half the price and you can have some that bolt straight on off e-bay. Still, £700, does that include lines too?

I've not fitted mine yet, need a few spares for the calipers, bleed nipples and what not. Some of the bolts were a bugger to get off when I was stripping them down because they were corroded, so need to source some more. I've just been lazy though and not bothered getting any yet :( :lol:

I've not had any scraping issues with my fujitsubo yet. Half expected the b-pipe to scrape on everything then have to take it off, but it's been fine so far.

Yeah next meet should be coolio, just hope we get decent weather again soon.

I know mate he loves his EP3 too much to let it go :lol:
Yeah I dont want to pay anywhere near £1500 on brakes really, a good second hand set or possibly Hi-Spec 4 pots would do nicely.
Here is a link to the Brembo's on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/honda-dc5...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cc6e98dd8

Did you have to totally refurbish the Calipers then Scott? You need to get those bad boys fitted ASAP lol

Nice choice with the Fujitsubo system, I remember you saying that was the system you wanted last year on one of the meets. It's got to be the nicest looking system for the EP3 in fairness, I bet it sounds nice too.

I know mate he loves his EP3 too much to let it go :lol:
Yeah I dont want to pay anywhere near £1500 on brakes really, a good second hand set or possibly Hi-Spec 4 pots would do nicely.
Here is a link to the Brembo's on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/honda-dc5...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cc6e98dd8

Did you have to totally refurbish the Calipers then Scott? You need to get those bad boys fitted ASAP lol

Nice choice with the Fujitsubo system, I remember you saying that was the system you wanted last year on one of the meets. It's got to be the nicest looking system for the EP3 in fairness, I bet it sounds nice too.

Those look pretty much new, that set on e-bay. The ones I got were pretty rough to say the least, only cosmetic though. Paint was all battered and scratched to hell and some of the fittings were a little corroded. I stripped all the paint off with a sandblaster in work and removed all the fittings to replace with new ones. Seals and everything seemed in good order, but time will tell when it comes to fitting them, fingers crossed.

The fuji does sound nice now I'm used to it, couldn't get on with it at first, seemed loud to me. Love it now though, sounds lovely until the GM comes in at vtec and you can't hear it :lol: it's a nice change of noise though B)

Ahrite cool mate, I would probably avoid buying a battered set just because of all the work & effort to get them put right (I'm lazy :cool: )
They should look spot on once you get them painted up & re-stickered though, Brembo & AP brakes are a class above the rest.

That set on eBay does look brand new to be fair, it’s no doubt been re-furbed at some point or removed from a car with silly low miles.

My Spoon N1 was pretty quiet too with the OEM B-Pipe and was totally drowned out by the Tegiwa but since fitting the un-silenced B-Pipe & Piper manifold it’s just silly loud, you literally cannot even hear the Tegiwa which says it all really lol I think a silenced B-Pipe would be a wise investment for me and possibly a N1 bung :lol:

I look forward to hearing yours on the next meet

Looks great buddy , Any links to the springs? There was 50mm tenzo springs fittied to mine when i bought it but they the front springs were really loose when jacked up , any problems with the ones you got? Any side on pics to shjow the height front and rear? many thanks jonathan

Cheers Matey :)
I bought the springs from Demon Tweeks for £145.00 which I think was a special offer, they normally retail at around the £170.
Its the Eibach Pro Kit springs that are on mine because a company called ABP have their own custom Eibach springs which are -30mm in comparison to the Pro Kits which are 15-20mm

I can’t rate them enough mate, feel great on the road, improve the looks and the ride comfort is also improved.
They don’t lower the car a huge amount if I’m honest, the front drops around 15-20mm but the rear is somewhere between 10-15mm.
I opted for the Pro Kit mainly for the ride comfort improvement opposed to making the car look really low, it sits relatively low standard so lowering it more than 30mm would be pretty impractical in my opinion, especially if you live in a built up area with speed bumps etc.

My mate took loads of pics last weekend so once he sends me them I’ll post up some side shots for you, hopefully get them up early next week.

so there a eibach pro kit? or an abd pro kit?. side on pics would be great they look good from the pics above but would be great to see some side on too first before i order:)

Great build thread, your mods are pretty similar to what I have in mind. I got a K100 fitted & mapped at tdi north last month & it's completely changed the car, it's making 215bhp completely standard! The best thing is the power delivery though, a lot more mid range and no dip in power & torque before vtec, a lot smoother. You should make 240bhp easily with your mods & the lads at tdi north definitely know their stuff! You've definitely given me some ideas for mine now, cheers.

so there a eibach pro kit? or an abd pro kit?. side on pics would be great they look good from the pics above but would be great to see some side on too first before i order:)

Yeah your right mate, although the ABP springs are also produced by Eibach
Eibach Pro Kit -15/20mm & ABP Eibach Kit -30mm :)

Great build thread, your mods are pretty similar to what I have in mind. I got a K100 fitted & mapped at tdi north last month & it's completely changed the car, it's making 215bhp completely standard! The best thing is the power delivery though, a lot more mid range and no dip in power & torque before vtec, a lot smoother. You should make 240bhp easily with your mods & the lads at tdi north definitely know their stuff! You've definitely given me some ideas for mine now, cheers.
Cheers Martin, I'm really looking forward to my visit to TDI north on Tuesday now.
Glad your enjoying the K100, I can’t wait to see the improvements in mid range power and of course the lowered VTEC

What did you they set your VTEC at mate? If I can get 240bhp I’ll be made up to be honest, anything over that would be awesome but I’m sure the car will be massively improved regardless of what power it's putting out. Cheers

Cheers Martin, I'm really looking forward to my visit to TDI north on Tuesday now.
Glad your enjoying the K100, I can’t wait to see the improvements in mid range power and of course the lowered VTEC

What did you they set your VTEC at mate? If I can get 240bhp I’ll be made up to be honest, anything over that would be awesome but I’m sure the car will be massively improved regardless of what power it's putting out. Cheers

Think Paul said he'd set it at about 4500rpm but the delivery is really smooth now so you don't notice the cam changeover, it just pulls all the way through, makes the car a lot more drivable. He said Honda programmed the definite vtec kick in as a bit of a gimmick to make the K series engine feel like the old B series were the cam change was really noticable but he said all it does is dip your power & torque before vtec. It's the extra 20 or 30lb/ft of torque between 3000 & 5000 rpm you'll really notice. It should be more economical too as he leans the mixture off.

Think Paul said he'd set it at about 4500rpm but the delivery is really smooth now so you don't notice the cam changeover, it just pulls all the way through, makes the car a lot more drivable. He said Honda programmed the definite vtec kick in as a bit of a gimmick to make the K series engine feel like the old B series were the cam change was really noticable but he said all it does is dip your power & torque before vtec. It's the extra 20 or 30lb/ft of torque between 3000 & 5000 rpm you'll really notice. It should be more economical too as he leans the mixture off.
Thanks for the Info Martin, much appreciated
I'm glad that the power delivery will be smoother, the VTEC engagement is great but with a performance Intake & Exhaust its very aggressive which sometimes can be annoying. If it's set at 4500rpm that would be perfect, any lower and it’s only going to cause issues when driving on a motorway/duel carriageway.

Did Paul adjust your rev limit too? I think it's 8200rpm standard and after mapping it's normally set around 8500/8600?
Hopefully the extra torque lower down will help iron out some of the flat spots and make it a nicer car to drive, I’ll have to post my results on Tuesday afternoon when I get back from TDi :)

Thanks for the Info Martin, much appreciated
I'm glad that the power delivery will be smoother, the VTEC engagement is great but with a performance Intake & Exhaust its very aggressive which sometimes can be annoying. If it's set at 4500rpm that would be perfect, any lower and it’s only going to cause issues when driving on a motorway/duel carriageway.

Did Paul adjust your rev limit too? I think it's 8200rpm standard and after mapping it's normally set around 8500/8600?
Hopefully the extra torque lower down will help iron out some of the flat spots and make it a nicer car to drive, I’ll have to post my results on Tuesday afternoon when I get back from TDi :)

Yeah the rev limiter is higher now, I used to hit it a lot in 2nd & 3rd when I was giving it some which got frustrating. I'm not sure where it's set now as I've had the needle nearly at 9000rpm & not hit it yet, I hope it's still there, don't fancy lunching my engine! Must be about 8600, ready for the next gear by then. Look forward to seeing what figures you achieve with your mods.

:lol: Yeah I had a feeling he wouldn’t own the dirty diesel for very long, it’s a quick little car but diesels are so god damn boring and the power delivery isn’t the best, just comes in one big hit. He's keeping the EP3 for now but he hasn't sold his Cupra yet so anything could happen lol

I have been looking at a few brake kits but can’t really decide what would be the best value for money, DC5 brembo conversion seems decent but you can get a brand new set of Hi-Spec's for a similar price. I would love to get the Stoptech BBK but they cost £1450 which is too steep for me.
Have you fitted your brakes then yet mate? There is set on eBay at the moment with all the necessary parts but he wants £700 :rolleyes:

Speed bumps are a bloody nightmare, fortunately we don’t have too many over this way but I avoided the ABP springs because I knew my B-Pipe would get a battering, it already catches on my drive at home with the Pro Kits :)
but just about clears speed bumps/road humps by a couple of mm if I take it easy.

To the limit is where the fun starts mate, next time you visit the Evo triangle i'm sure you will have some fun:cool:

Ep3 is staying now mofo's!!!! Whooop. Looks ace Benny boy

My car made the short trip to TDI North in Warrington yesterday to have some work done.

To cut a long story short I was in a mad rush to get everything ready in time, I had been waiting over 3 weeks for my 70mm throttle body adapter to be delivered and it arrived on Monday morning which didn’t give me long to get the RBC port matched. Thankfully the adapter was absolutely fine so I took it to get ported straight away at my dad's work and they did a great job, it was ported on a EDM machine rather than using a dremel etc so the quality & finish was brilliant.

Anyway I set out yesterday morning to TDI North and made a slight mis calculation with the timing and got there at 20 past 8 :rolleyes:
ohwell better early than late.
They fitted my RBC Inlet Manifold & S90 throttle body, modified the slam panel and then started mapping it with the K100.

Paul spent well over an hour on the Dyno and these are the results

Paul explained that the Sports CAT was killing the torque and he also thought the B-Pipe was too restrictive (Supersprint Un-silenced).
If it had a de-cat it probably would have pushed close to 250bhp and over 170 ft lbs of torque but Paul said I should be pleased because it's fully road legal which I am :) I could always alter that in the future if I wanted to.

The power delivery now is absolutely brilliant, it’s such a smooth map and pulls so much stronger in every gear.
VTEC is now set at 5200rpm and pulls all the way to 8800
! The Launch control is so much fun too, I am surprised at how good the traction is but that is no doubt due to the quality of map. I'm mega impressed with the car now and really pleased with the work done at TDI north, top lads there and their attention to detail is fantastic.

So 241.bhp & 163.3 ft lbs :cool: I have got to be pleased with that although I doubt it will be the last time I visit TDI for mapping.

Current Spec is now as follows

Engine
- Tegiwa Carbon Airbox
- Spoon N1
- Supersprint Unsilenced B-Pipe
- Piper 4-2-1 Manifold
- 200 Cell Piper Sports CAT
- RBC Inlet Manifold (Port Matched)
- 70mm Billet Throttle Body (S90)
- Hondata K100 ECU Chip

Chassis

- Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs (OEM Shocks)
- Eibach Front Camber Bolts
- Eibach Rear Camber Arms (adjustable)
- Tegiwa Control Arms
- Tegiwa Tie Bar
- JDM Rear Anti Roll Bar
- ABP Motorsport Fast Road Set-Up
- J’s Racing Front Upper Strut Brace

Wheels & Tyres
- OEM Honda 17” Wheels
- 215/40/R17 Yokohoma Prade Spec 2’s (Front & Rear)

Brakes
- eBay Front & Rear Discs (Drilled & Grooved)
- Brembo Front & Rear Pads

Bling
- Carbon Plug Cover (Tegiwa/TDI North)
- Spoon Reservoir Socks x 3
- Red Tegiwa Intake Hose & Red Tegiwa Breather Hose
- Stainless Steel K20 Washer
- Stainless Dome Nuts with Custom Dome Bolts
- Tegiwa Battery Tie
- Mugen Oil Cap
- Mugen Radiator Cap

Exterior
- Pre-Facelift Rear Light Clusters