• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ben's 2005 EP3 Civic Type AAAAAARRRRR!

Looking great Ben, the Spoon style rocker cover works really well in your engine bay and that 3" exhaust system looks fantastic, I really like the twin backbox oem style I might have to invest in one of these in the future haha.
The cams and springs will make a massive difference mate, May will soon come round and look forward to your future updates :)

Cheers Lads :)
Yeah I really do like the Spoon Cam Cover, glad its not crinkle finish too because its easier to keep clean :lol:
Exhaust will be fitted this weekend so I will post up a few fitted pics and hopefully get a couple of video's too, the quality is fantastic and the welds are very tidy too so I cant fault it so far. If you ever want a bit more power then 3" true bore is the way to go Pete :) ideal if you plan on going for a JRSC or Turbo set-up in the future too. May can't come soon enough :cool: 9000rpm

Small Update :)
I had the exhaust fitted this weekend at my mates house, really pleased with how it looks and sounds.
Massive thanks to my mate Gaz for sorting it out, no trouble at all fitting and it fitted fine to my Piper De-cat.
The oil was also changed, finally switched from the Shell 5W40 to Fuchs Titan Race 5W40 with a hamp filter

The exhaust is a lot bigger than the Spoon as you can see from the pictures, much wider which means it does sit lower but still doesn't foul my driveway at home which is a good. Sound wise its very quiet to drive, very refined and sporty but not OTT.
Due to it being much quieter than the Spoon system I can now hear the Tegiwa Intake working its magic in VTEC so its a win win situation really, much prefer the sound of a good intake rather than the exhaust drowing it out (which my last 2 set-ups have).

I took the lads out for a spin after it was fitted (car was 4 up) and the b-pipe was catching on a few things, this is mainly due to where we live though as its all small country lanes. The clearance with just me in the car is fine and I guess that's all that matters. Car was disgustingly dirty when the exhaust was fitted so my mate got the jet wash out and blasted the civic down ;) did a good job too

Pictures tell a thousand words...
Picture038_zps0eb949ef.jpg

Picture037_zpsbd768b3f.jpg

Picture013_zps9285e91e.jpg

Picture014_zps968238f3.jpg

Picture021_zpscd8e8641.jpg

Picture020_zpsbc6543fd.jpg

Picture017_zpse1fc4804.jpg

Picture018_zps526e0a9e.jpg

Picture022_zpsc15e1a41.jpg

Picture023_zpsa256a94f.jpg

Picture025_zpsa42704f8.jpg

Next weekend there is a run around North Wales so I will be attending that, mainly Hondas but there a couple of Evo's & Scoobys going too so it should be interesting. More update to follow next month :cool:

Did you use a torque setting on your tegiwa nuts if so what was it?

Tegiwa nuts on the control arms or tie bar mate? I had them fitted at ABP Motorsport so not sure what torque settings they used, cant remember there being any specific requirements on the paper work.

looks good mate.

on a side note, am I going crazy or are your rear tyres going in different directions? Would that not affect how they clear water?

looks good mate.

on a side note, am I going crazy or are your rear tyres going in different directions? Would that not affect how they clear water?

Cheers mate :)
Tyres appear to be fine dude, they are direction but they are all fitted correctly.
Very strange tread pattern on the Prada tyres, brillaint in the dry but they can be poor in the wet (mainly due to not clearing water properly)

Sorry should have been specific the red ones you used on your rocker cover when you first got it.

No worries mate
The red anodized dome nuts are aluminium so you can't do them up very tight without chewing them up.
If i'm honest I would avoid getting a set because the quality is pretty poor, replaced mine with a set of stainless dome nuts in the end

Hi Ben

Hope you are well buddy, the civic is looking great mate and the new custom exhaust system looks superb sounds like a quality easy install too :) are you planning a trip back up to TDI North for your map tweak soon or are you going to wait until the cams and valve springs go in and kill two birds with one stone?

Glad to hear you are pleased with the sound of the new system mate, it will be a lot more comfortable to live with after having the Spoon N1 set-up and being able to hear the Tegiwa M rasping up going into vtec is a bonus too, the Japspeed manifold, Piper system and Tegiwa M works really well together on my civic.

Have a good day at the meet this weekend mate and look forward to seeing a few pics :)

Just read through your build so far and very impressed, lovely example you have there mate.

Thanks very much mate :)

Hi Ben

Hope you are well buddy, the civic is looking great mate and the new custom exhaust system looks superb sounds like a quality easy install too :) are you planning a trip back up to TDI North for your map tweak soon or are you going to wait until the cams and valve springs go in and kill two birds with one stone?

Glad to hear you are pleased with the sound of the new system mate, it will be a lot more comfortable to live with after having the Spoon N1 set-up and being able to hear the Tegiwa M rasping up going into vtec is a bonus too, the Japspeed manifold, Piper system and Tegiwa M works really well together on my civic.

Have a good day at the meet this weekend mate and look forward to seeing a few pics :)

Hey Pete :)

I'm good thanks mate, I hope all is well with you?
I'm going to kill two birds with one stone as you suggested mate, saves me a little money and it should be fine running as it is for a few weeks.
Since its been fitted it does smell like the fuel mixture may be slightly out because on tickover it smells like it's running pretty rich, im sure that will be all sorted once its remapped again with the cams.

Sound wise its very subtle mate, much like your system Pete with a single silencer but a well wadded backbox to keep the decibels sensible, its well under 100db now.
The N1 is a nice piece of kit but its such a small backbox it doesnt really offer much sound protection, very loud set-up regardless of what B-Pipe is used.

I'll try and get a few pics and videos this weekend mate, I think there is a couple of other TRO members attending too

Here's a very short video of the car in action with its new exhaust :) excuse the disgustingly dirty exterior

[video=youtube;C0X5tXa1f3I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0X5tXa1f3I&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Hey mate

Glad to hear alls well buddy, im good cheers

Makes sense waiting to get everything mapped at the same time mate, you probably wouldnt want to run it long term but i cant see a few weeks causing any harm, cant wait to see your results after the cams and valve springs are in 9000rpm FTW lol, i really can see you hitting 265bhp mate.

The system sounds great in the clip pal, just a lovely subtle sporty note i think the oem tail pipe design looks great too - your ears will definitely be thanking you for replacing the Spoon system haha.

looks like you are expecting a decent turn out for the weekend :)

Hey Pete

Glad your well mate :)
When are you next going to TDI buddy?

Yeah if I can hold off until the cams are fitted it would be ideal, I will have to get you a picture of the exhaust clearance under the car because its not great. I haven't been over any speed bumps yet but I have got a feeling it will catch if I do, might just have to plan different routes for my journeys now :lol:
265bhp would be awesome but I would be happy with 260 NA, hopefully the exhaust will show some good gains mid-range for both bhp & torque. 9000rpm is going to be crazy, it already sounds insane at 8600 so that extra 400rpm will be mayhem :) might have to get a digital rev gauge because the dash rev counter already over reads.

Should be a good meet this weekend mate but apparently there is a 70% chance of rain :rolleyes: should make things interesting lol

Hey Pete

Glad your well mate :)
When are you next going to TDI buddy?

Yeah if I can hold off until the cams are fitted it would be ideal, I will have to get you a picture of the exhaust clearance under the car because its not great. I haven't been over any speed bumps yet but I have got a feeling it will catch if I do, might just have to plan different routes for my journeys now :lol:
265bhp would be awesome but I would be happy with 260 NA, hopefully the exhaust will show some good gains mid-range for both bhp & torque. 9000rpm is going to be crazy, it already sounds insane at 8600 so that extra 400rpm will be mayhem :) might have to get a digital rev gauge because the dash rev counter already over reads.

Should be a good meet this weekend mate but apparently there is a 70% chance of rain :rolleyes: should make things interesting lol

Fingers crossed I should be back up during the spring pal, when I finally make a decision which way to go with the wheels I would want to get the springs, lower tie bar and lower control arms installed at the same time so would need the geo adjusting too :) powerwise there wont be much more done now mate, possibly replace the throttle body and if I get a friendly MOT tester on board I could switch the current exhaust set up for a straight through 3" system but seems a shame after Lou at TDI's hard work especially if it flies through an MOT emissions test.

It would be good to see what the clearance is like now mate bet you will be cutting it close on some of your local roads, really is a lovely piece of kit though pal and should give some good gains when the car is remapped.
Lol you will be playing avoid the speed bump when you are out and about from now on :)

anything over 260bhp would be fantastic mate but I genuinely see you hitting above 265bhp which for an N/A car that started out at 197bhp is an amazing result, cant wait to see the vids of it running all the way up to 9000rpm its going to put a massive grin on your face.

Yeah look forward to reading the write up and seeing some pics from the weekend :)

Back