• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ben's 2005 EP3 Civic Type AAAAAARRRRR!

just read through this entire thread, what a beast! Great mids and I love the wolf in sheep clothing approach to mods

quick question though, how did you find your X Brace compared to the rear strut?

I have coil's and rear JDM, just wondering what route to take for the internal rear strut (if any)

just read through this entire thread, what a beast! Great mids and I love the wolf in sheep clothing approach to mods

quick question though, how did you find your X Brace compared to the rear strut?

I have coil's and rear JDM, just wondering what route to take for the internal rear strut (if any)

Thanks buddy :smt023much appreciated

The X Brace was definitely an improvement on my old set up (J's C pillar brace with Tegiwa lower brace) but if you're already running coilovers with an uprated ARB the difference in performance/feel will be minimal.
That's not to say it's not worth doing because every little helps when it comes to handling. It's a very tight fitting brace so pulls everything together nicely, looks the part too in my opinion and is still practical as it can be fitted with the rear seats still in place.

They are not everyone's cup of tea but I'm definitely a fan and it's more cost effective than buying two braces (C pillar & rear upper brace)

As for the styling I'm a big fan of the EP3 both pre & facelift so didn't want to alter the looks too much, the performance side of things tends to interest me more so all the exciting bits are hidden away :)
I'll be coming up to 5 years of ownership shortly and I honestly couldn't think of much I'd consider replacing it with, if I did it would more than likely be another Honda.

Thanks Ben

Looking at getting final drive fitted when I do my diff next week. I notice you went 5.1 but then thought about upping it - any particular reason for this? If you do it again would you have gone for the 5.1? (Mine will be mainly used for track days)

Still stock power at the moment, however I plan to take it to around 240-250bhp down the NA route in a couple of months

Thanks Ben

Looking at getting final drive fitted when I do my diff next week. I notice you went 5.1 but then thought about upping it - any particular reason for this? If you do it again would you have gone for the 5.1? (Mine will be mainly used for track days)

Still stock power at the moment, however I plan to take it to around 240-250bhp down the NA route in a couple of months

No problem at all

Yeah I went for the 5.10 which is probably a good compromise for daily driving & track usage but if I'm honest and could do it again then I would go for the 5.46. I'd probably also go for a M factory plate diff too because if you're spending big money its nice to get it right first time.

As for the power those figures are really achievable with the right parts, a good exhaust manifold & system is the key with these cars
Thanks Ben

Sorry I didn't really answer as to why I would opt for the 5.46 over the 5.10 in that last post. The main reason would be the extra midrange grunt as although the 5.10 is good its more noticeable in the higher gears opposed to lower down. The gearing would be lowered more with a 5.46 but you can always compensate that with more revs by going down the uprated valve spring route

Coming a long nicely dude. You looking at a CAI at any point? There's a lovely GM sitting in my loft if you want it?

Coming a long nicely dude. You looking at a CAI at any point? There's a lovely GM sitting in my loft if you want it?
Cheers dude
I've still got a custom CAI with aluminium pipework awaiting to be fitted but thanks for the tempting offer on the GM. I did have a Teg M previously, in fact my scuttle panel is still cut from where it was fitted haha

Back