• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Benz 30th Anniversary Type R *246bhp 172lbft*

Latest Specifications and Picture:

20160527_083835_zpsffe353wm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Current Spec- 30th Anniversary EP3 Civic Type R

Performance

Tegiwa M Carbon Fiber Induction Kit
Modified Scuttle Panel
Tegiwa Carbon Fiber Induction Scoop
DC Sports Exhaust Manifold 4-2-1
Piper Cat Back (4" slash cut tail pipe)
Hondata K100 Chip
TDi North Tuned (246bhp 172ftlb)
PowerFlex Engine Mounts
PowerFlex Gear Box Mount
BuddyClub Racing Short Shifter
Tegiwa Solid Shifter Bushes
Engine Start Button
M-Factory LSD fitted by Grinspeed
FD2 5.1 Final Drive fitted by Grinspeed
FN2 Flywheel fitted by Grinspeed
Skunk2 Pro Series Black Intake Manifold
AEM Fuel Rail

Handling & Brakes

Eibach Pro Springs
Eibach Rear Camber Arms
Eibach Front Camber Bolts
F.R.S.U -1.0 Deg Camber, 2mm Toe In Rear, 1mm Toe Out Front.
Tegiwa Front Upper Strut Brace
Beaks Style Rear Tie Bar
Brembo Rear Drilled and Grooved Discs with Brembo Pads
Black Diamond Combo Front Discs with EBC Yellow Stuff Pads
Tegiwa Brake Solenoid Stopper
215 45R17 Front & Rear Eagle F1 Tyre's
Tegiwa Black Anodized 15mm Front Wheel Spacers

Styling & Tech

Wheels Powder Coated Anthracite with Carbon Center Caps
Gold Wheels for Track Days
Tegiwa/Skunk2 Reservoir Socks
Tegiwa Battery Tie Bar
7000K HID Lamp Conversion
LED Side lights and Number Plate Lights
30th Anniversary Carbon Fiber look sill plates
Pioneer Double Din Head Unit
JBL Rear Speakers, Vibe Front Speakers
JBL Amp 600W
Infinity 6x9 Speakers
LED Inertia Lights
Polisher Gear Knob with Leather Gator's.
Aero Wiper Blades
Silver Front and Side Indicator Lamps
Brake Calipers Painted Red
Jazz Washer Jets
Black Headlight Incerts
JDM Size Number Plates
Font Number Plate Relocation Bracket
Smoothed Front Bumper
Mugen Style Rear Spoiler
Mugen Style Pre Face Lift Front Splitter

START OF THREAD

Hi guys been a member since I purchased my Type R back in January'14 and I think it's about time I show her off haha.

HPIM2927_zps4c72f5c4.jpg

I had been looking for a ep3 type r for some time but I wanted something a bit special so I was looking at Premiers but then this popped up and with only 300 in this spec I had to have it.

I found this one in Manchester with only 57500 miles on the clock and full service history. It was totally standard at that point which was exactly what I was looking for. I have done a couple of things since then but nothing major, I really want to only do subtle changes so anyone who see's it will recognise it as a genuine 30th anniversary model.

So far I have:

Fitted Type R Owners Stickers.
Fitted Red Ambiant Footwell Lighting.
Fitted Pipercross air Filter Element.
Hondata Air Box Mod.
HID Headlights.
Double Din Pioneer Head Unit.
Upgraded standard Speekers, JBL rear and Vibe Front.
Chrome Indicator bulbs in front and side Repeaters.
Leather Gear and Handbrake Gaitors.
Polished Standard Gear Knob.
White LED Interia Lights.
White LED Side Lights, Number Plate Lights.
Honda 12+ Service with a fuel filter change and Valve Clearences Checked. (Bit Pricey But Now I Know It's Right). The Honda Technician was very impressed with the overall condition and said the engine has been well looked after.

HPIM2934_zps6fec762b.jpg

Next I would Like to:

Fit a cat back exhaust, want something that looks standard but sounds nicer so was thinking a Magnex with the twin round tail pipes.

I have a Beaks bar to go on and new Brembo Drilled and Groved Discs and Pads to go on the rear, at that point i will also clean and paint the calipers red. Once the fronts have worn down I will do the same there.

After that i'm not to sure. MOT due at the end of May so will see what that throws up.

I have more pictures of the work done which I will post over the next couple of weeks.

Any ideas of mods will be greatly accepted. What would you do?

Last edited by a moderator:
My center console as standard:

DSC_0125_zps9d6d4d19.jpg

Original trim looked a bit worn so managed to get hold of a fresher looking one and fitted my new double din pioneer head unit and leather gaitor at the same time:

20140420_191224_zpsddfd7cf7.jpg

Then came gear knob overhaul, i managed to get a used one on fleabay and set to work, wet and dried it from 150 to 2000 grade then polished on my mates polishing wheels and finished with autosol metal polish.
DSC_0143_zps1e911213.jpg

The grip marks round the edge of my original one is due to the fact someone glued it on. I'm going to try and overhaul it and sell it on. The finished product installed, sorry about the instagram effects lol:

IMG_20140421_103533_zps3cb961ed.jpg

Also fitted my ambiant lighting in the footwells and the mugan style peddles:

IMG_20140421_104247_zps4cb766ee.jpg

Nice 30th Anni dude i"ll keep an eye out for more progress. I would kill for a set of anniversary Recaro's!

Looks good mate, nice choice of modifications there.

sugggestions of things to do, FRSU is always a good modification. Relatively cheap and improves the handling and feel of the car plus should reduce uneven tyre wear.

also where did you get the mugen pedals? And how much?

Looks good mate, nice choice of modifications there.

sugggestions of things to do, FRSU is always a good modification. Relatively cheap and improves the handling and feel of the car plus should reduce uneven tyre wear.

also where did you get the mugen pedals? And how much?

Hi

Thanks for all the positive comments, This thing makes me grin every time I drive it. :D

Do I need to do any suspension modifications to be able to get FRSU done?

The Mugen Pedles are actually Mugen Style Pedals from eBay and only cost me about £12, not genuine I know but they look the part will just have to see how they age.

Adjustable front camber bolts and adjustable rear camber arms are needed for a FRSU.

Cheers mate I'll check eBay out, waiting for a price for genuine ones from Hond-R performance parts but they're going to be over a £100 atleast plus they'll probably be a waiting period.

Hi Quick update with progress on my Anniversary.

My rear Discs where looking in very poor condition so I decided to upgrade them to brembo drilled and grooved discs with brembo pads, I also took the opportunity to clean and paint the rear calipers red, I plan on upgrading the front brakes to match a bit later this summer.

I have also had the most stressful day of any car enthusiasts year, the dreaded MOT. This is the first MOT I have put this car through so I was even more worried than usual. I am however very happy and relieved to say she sailed through with no advisories.

Due to the MOT pass I decided to treat her to a full paint treatment. I use Meguiars products. Washed and dried then used the clay bar treatment and then went for the 3 step deep crystal system. 1st used the paint cleaner, 2nd is the polish and 3rd the wax. I have used these products for years and I was very impressed with the deep gloss finish on the NHB and the water beading when it rains is epic.

I have also given my Recaro's a good clean so they look as good as new again.

I have added pictures of brakes and polished finish, hope you like:

DSC_0202_zps3ceefafa.jpg

DSC_0209_zpseffae866.jpg

20140526_193949_zps2145bd33.jpg

20140526_194051_zps115c5a4f.jpg

20140526_194504_zps279b3a35.jpg

20140526_194640_zpse081548d.jpg

DSC_0205_zps5d3b2e69.jpg

Yeah lol tell me about it pal.. Sometimes it makes me think I should of bought a cosmic,but after you stand back and admire a nhb after a good clean you know you made the right choice! Until you look at it a day later...

Quick Update.

I have purchased a few new bits which I need to get fitted. I have a Red Beaks Style Bar, Tegiwa Brake Stop and Tegiwa Torque Damper. All are sat in my house waiting for some time to fit.
I
have also purchased my new front discs and pads. I opted for Black Diamond Combi Discs and EBC Yellow Stuff pads, these should arrive by early next week so I just need a free weekend to get it all fitted.

I know not everyone are fans of the torque damper but I decided I wont know till I try so it'll either impress or end up on ebay lol.

I have also been thinking of what colour to get my alloys powder coated, I'm thinking a mat anthracite, open to any ideas? Going to take it to a place in Redcar 'Wonder Wheels' but I need to go in and have a chat about the center caps and how long they will need the car. I'll take some pics of the mods when they are done.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had quite a few things done over the past 2 months. First the torque damper was a desaster, I now know I hate them with a passion (i'm sure they help on the track) so that was sold as good as new on eBay.

I fitted my front discs and pads, Black Diamond Combi Discs with EBC Yellow Stuff Pads which have really transformed it's braking ability. They where a bit of a chew and I had to replace the caliper bolts but all the blood and sweat was worth it. While I was in there I also painted the calipers red to match the rears.

I also had my alloys powder coated matt anthracite and fitted carbon fibre style center caps, I was very impressed with the finish and they transform the look of the car, very very happy. I also fitted my Beaks style bar which just adds to the whole black with red styling that ive gone for.

Pictures below and any comments or ideas are welcome.

20140727_180801_zps51f54dbf.jpg

20140730_171512_zpsd6f1fc0c.jpg

20140829_180435_zps48044ac2.jpg

20140829_180445_zps94938365.jpg

The big question is.... What Next???

Another update, couple of little extras purchased.

New Honda Emblem for the front grill, old one was looking very tired and cracked so splashed out on a genuine Honda one (only the best for my ep3).

Also fitted my personilised number plate and have some new boots on the rear. I was looking for a set of Toyo's but the only tire center I trust with my alloys have stopped selling Toyo's so I have gone for a pair of Falkens.

So far they are impressing me in the courners :D.

IMG_20140906_173946_zps4e63989c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Car looks fab!

Tegiwa/Gruppe M Intake?

Hi thanks for the positive feedback, I took delivery this week of a new Tegiwa Induction kit. As soon as I fit the intake scoop to my spare scuttle panel and get myself some filter oil for the cone filter I will fit it. I will post pictures and feedback as soon as it's done.

how do you find the ebc yellows from cold mate?

Very impressed with the yellow stuff mate, although obviously I dont hammer my car from cold and no vtec till she's warmed up anyway but braking performance has been spot on no matter what the conditions.

Hi thanks for the positive feedback, I took delivery this week of a new Tegiwa Induction kit. As soon as I fit the intake scoop to my spare scuttle panel and get myself some filter oil for the cone filter I will fit it. I will post pictures and feedback as soon as it's done.

Cool, yeah you'll enjoy it!

Back