• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Best bulbs for ep3.

As i live in the country, i do alot of driving on unlit roads. Unfortunately the current bulbs in the ep3 aren't up to it, had them realigned, which helped, but still nowhere near as good as the accords. Are there any good bulbs out there, or am i better upgrading to HIDs? If so, what do i need to make HIDs legal?

A hid kit is the way forward, to make them pass an mot they should be self leveling I believe but you could always change them back Mot time. Bought mine from http://www.hidshack.co.uk/ have been very good for me. I got slim ballast with a very slight blue tint. You would be unlucky to get pulled over for your hid lights as long as they are correctly levelled and not blinding people and not a stupid colour

I am thinking of going to HID too, how difficult are they to install? I take it these will fit pre-facelift too?
Also there is a lot of range in light, like 8k, 10k 15k etc.. what is the best version as I don't want to end up with too blue lights.

Rate the OSRAM NightBreaker II bulbs. I bought a set for 13 quid and they are amazing. Full beam is mint

I just got a pair of the OSRAM Nightbreaker Unlimited, waiting for them to come through.

Was just wondering on the bulb colours and what is legal and not in that respect as I saw some Phillips Crystal Vision which I think were 5200k.. and they were not road legal, so how can HID be 15k and be legal?

I had a phillips bluevision in, just changed them for osram nightbreaker unlimited and massive difference I wont be using anything else now.

I have just put in my OSRAM Nightbreaker Unlimited and there is a huge difference on high beam! Not so noticeable on dipped but still better than regular bulbs. Slightly whiter light too.

This is a during shot comparing the standard (left) to the OSRAM (right).

Iv always upgraded to HID's in all my cars, never had a problem with 6000k with regards to getting pulled or MOT's but I also install them in a way that putting back to standard is easily done. 6000 gives a nice modern crisp white and massive improvement over stock.

Back