• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

BEST CAR WAX????

big t

Banned
hi,i am after a really deep wet look finish on my black ep3,i have used all the usual turtle wax/autoglym etc products but have moved on meguiars clay bar/polish/ ultimate liquid wax and the deep crystal wax,the results are brilliant but i am after a even better show car/concours finish,(bit of ocd!!!) iv looked into victoria wax,r222,dodo wax etc.im wondering,has anyone used them? if they are worth buying? or is the meguiars finish just as good??? iv got around £50-£100 to spend,thanks :eek:

Poorboys black hole or chemical Guys black light which are glazes which will do the same job unless you've had the car properly detailed.

This what my brother told me and he does detailing

Glazes will wash off with rain etc, They need sealed in with either a wax or sealant.

TBH, there are no " best" waxes, just ones that fit your requirements, much like tyres, jeans or beers tbh. As far as "detailing" goes it really is all in the prep work, a decontamination and machine polish is the best you can do - with a pure polish like Menzerna etc and no Super Resin which is full of fillers.

A wax/glaze combo only sits on top and hides minor defects, As Ed touched on above Black hole is an excellent product for filling swirls etc and I highly reccomend Blackfire Midnight Sun wax from Polishedbliss. On a cheaper direction Collinite insulator wax is very good too and lasts for decades.

thanks for your input,the bodywork is in excellent condition,clay bar`d....polished...etc etc,just looking for the best wet look finish on a black car,not bothered about how long it protects as i detail/wax the car on a regular basis

Wow, your options are huge with this, I currently use poor boys black hole , then AB Hellshine "Abyss" sealant then topped off with Poorboys "Natty wax blue" also use a dodo juice QD to keep things looking shiney.

poorboys stuff is awesome for the money, the Abyss is expensive at £60 per pot but makes the car shine so deep. If you want more info then pop onto www.detailingworld.co.uk as they are great at helping folk out and have some great deals.

good luck with your detailing.

regards
Baz

Mine is NHB and I am a little OCD when I clean mine. I use Meguiars and use a DA polisher and I was really happy with the results I got. If you want a deep shine use a 2 stage polish and then apply the wax, it's the second polish that helps give that wet, deep shine look.

Try Meguiars ultimate compound (this is slightly abrasive and removes swirls etc)
Then use a second polish I used Meguiars Deep Crystal Polish but they do others look at the ultimate range if still using Meguiars
Then top it off with a wax (I used tech wax) Meguiars do about 3 different ranges but their ultimate range is designed for the perfectionist.

yeah i have been very impressed with the meguiars products,especially the ultimate liquid wax! after peoples help and doing research,think im going to try the poorboys range next,black hole and the natty blue wax.all my neighbours think i am mental cleaning my car all the time ha

Poor Boys Black Hole Glaze ---> Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 ----> Chemical Guys Petes 53 black pearl signature carnauba (2 - 3 coats.) or AutoGlym HD Wax -----> Meguiars QuickWax Spray bottle ----> G Techniq C2v3 Liquid Crystal Auto.

All in that order, thank me late. Should be in your budget!

I've got Victoria Concours Red Wax, which is great on coloured/ dark cars. Was £25 or so, and I've got more than 3/4 of it left, only I have a white car now which I use light sealant on instead of wax.
Drop me a PM if you want this tub on the cheap?

I have Raceglaze '55' concours quality wax too, about £70 for the tub, very very good IMO, even on the old satin silver EP3 it was outstanding in durability. Mashed up motorway files just wipe off soooo easily.:lol:

Poorboys black hole is good to put on before the wax, just in case you want to 'fill' some of the defects which you might not be able to get out with the polishing stage, once sealed or waxed over it should stay looking good for a while.

At moment I'm using Jeffs PRIME (nano polish/sealant combined) and sealing with Jeffs Acrylic JETT trigger.
Thing is JETT is so easy to apply you can bang 4 or 5 coats on over a few days and your paint will pop flake of your metallic like nobodys business.

HTH

tonight i tried out the poorboys black hole and natty blue wax,got a good deal on ebay for them! both products went on easy and buffed off very easy!!! a pleasure to use.i am impressed with the finish,a nice deep shine.does it give a better finish than meguiars ultimate liquid wax??! im not sure yet,the meguiars gives a more reflective shiny finish but its not as nice to use and a lot harder to buff off :cool:

I am a massive fan of AMDetails glaze and sealant.

Glaze gives a great finish and the seal lasts for ages. Two layers see me good for at least 5 months and leaves a real wet look.

Am sure I just saw on Facebook there's free delivery this week.

http://store.amdetails.co.uk/

I am a massive fan of AMDetails glaze and sealant.

Glaze gives a great finish and the seal lasts for ages. Two layers see me good for at least 5 months and leaves a real wet look.

Am sure I just saw on Facebook there's free delivery this week.

http://store.amdetails.co.uk/

Alan has some good products in his line.
I met him down at White Details when they were doing a detail together. Jim (WD) uses his clay too.

Best wax I have ever used. It's not the cheapest but im still on the same can as 2 years ago!!

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/...variant=1606&gclid=CNeMnon24bgCFXLItAoda1EAgw

915-marque-d-elegance.png

Angelwax dark angel or guardian are both really good. I have the old dark angel on mine, hides imperfections as well. I have been using angelwax products for a good while now and guardian is really nice. Going to get some to put on top of the dark angel :)

Back