• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Best cleaning chemical for the inside of a stainless steel exhaust

Peeps;

Was just wondering if anyone knew of the best cleaning chemical for cleaning the inside bit of a stainless steel exhaust? I want to try and get rid of the black soot and restore as much of the original stainless steel colour as possible. I've bought Meguires All metal polisher but I don't think this will clean the accumulated black soot inside.

I know it probably won't last long but I'd be happy doing this every couple of weeks - provided I know what actually works.

I'm sure someone must've tried this already!

Mohs

Peeps;

Was just wondering if anyone knew of the best cleaning chemical for cleaning the inside bit of a stainless steel exhaust? I want to try and get rid of the black soot and restore as much of the original stainless steel colour as possible. I've bought Meguires All metal polisher but I don't think this will clean the accumulated black soot inside.

I know it probably won't last long but I'd be happy doing this every couple of weeks - provided I know what actually works.

I'm sure someone must've tried this already!

Mohs

Autosol is meant to be great. I think it's more of a polisher once you've clean the exhaust though. In the past I've used a bit of degreaser to work away at tar/pitted sh!zzle on the exhaust TBH.

Wet wipes will shift about any surface crap, then wire wool, then polish and elbow grease!

Sent from my 7 Mozart using Board Express

Back