• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Best location on Typhoon??

Hey, ive got a K&N Typhoon induction kit on my ctr 53 plate.. currently its located down at the front bumper.. would it be better to bring it up in the engine bay like the Ram Air & Gruppe M filter or not? :)

Thanks Chris

How did you get it down by the bumper? The engine bay where the oem filter sits is the typical location for a k&n typhoon. Either area IMO would be unnoticeable in performance.

Im pretty sure it is, i got it with the car but it curves down into the front bumper, i was thinking of moving it so it is visible like the V2 filter :)
would there be much difference in performance in the location?

Im pretty sure it is, i got it with the car but it curves down into the front bumper

The typhoon doesn't go into the front bumper, it sits in the engine bay sucking hot air in. Whatever you've got if its sat in the bumper then just leave it, you'll only end up moving it next to the gearbox/engine block by the sound of what you wrote

oh right okay.. maybe one day ** take it off and have a look as i want a filter to fill in the big gap as the engine bay looks to open :( haha! wish i could afford GruppeM or v2

If you just want to fill the hole you could mount the oem airbox in there.

The best place for the filter is in the bumper as you have it. Too much hot air in the bay.

okay :) is there any better in noise or performance if i did move the filter? i may put some bonnet raisers on to try keep the heat out the engine bay

If you want to fill the gap left by the original airbox keep an eye out for a second hand GruppeM or a new Tegiwa, sounds like you are currently running an AEM or Injen CAI and performance wise its better having an open cone filter down behind the bumper away from any heat-soak

Gruppe M's still fetch premium prices mate, and as far as performance goes, you won't find much difference between the AEM and the Gruppe M, maybe 1-2bhp that you'll never notice. I have had both and while the Gruppe is the ultimate in bling under the bonnet, I would choose the AEM over it for sheer fact it costs less than a third the price.

Back