• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Best method for cleaning engine?

Temped to clean my bay this weekend...its never been done in 90,000 miles :lol::lol:

Cleaned mine at the weekend, used Gunk. Came up like new but it fookin stinks, can still smell it inside after nearly a week but it is starting to fade.

:lol: Good man.

What is the point of a clean engine bay? Does it actually have any benefit at all unless you're sad enough to waste your time looking at your own engine bay. :confused:

The same point as cleaning the outside of your car. To keep it in good nick. This will be beneficial in selling on in the future too.

For some reason, I think I'm preaching to the wrong crowd though. :lol:

It was a semi-serious question though. Will the engine components actually last any longer if they're cleaned regularly or is it just about keeping them looking nice?

Helps you notice any possible leaks etc tbh Chris.
If you know the bay is spotless if you spy anything out of the ordinary it'll be easier to find the source.

Back