• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Best Sounding B-Pipe With Stock Rear

Hello, I'm after a change with my exhaust after having the m2 hornet on for the past few months. Don't get me wrong I like the sound the hornet gives but now I'm doing a bit more motorway driving the drone is just not for me anymore. So I am looking at the option of a 2.5" B-pipe with stock rear box as I want it to sound a little bit more meaty then standard. So what is the best sounding one as there seems to be a few options available.

Best sounding b-pipe......you do know it's literally just a bent length of 2.5" stainless steel pipe? There's no magic.

The only thing to change the sound would be either the back box choice and/or whether the b-pipe is resonated.

As above, your choices of B-Pipe are with or without a silencer box. That's it, the rest is just brand names.

I so didn't word any of it right I basically did mean are any of the brands different or are you just paying for the name which I'm guessing is the case.

:lol: the only different between b-pipes would be the size/shape of the resonator and what it's made of. Some are mild steel, some are stainless, some are actually held on with springs. But the actual pipe itself, nope not really.

Also it's worth noting that an aftermarket b-pipe with the standard back box will sound really raspy.

I didn't mind the OEM catback. But after having the twinloop on for over a month I just couldn't go back to it. I do like the no drone sound from the Mugen on long motor way trips and it opening up on full throttle/vtec.

Kept the OEM catback as it was still in good condition for 9 years old. Was still the one from the factory. :D

Danger are you putting your Audi system on hold for now?

Danger are you putting your Audi system on hold for now?

I can get a full turbo back exhaust system brand new for around £250 cheaper than retail. But I thought I would keep an eye out on the Audi classifieds for a second hand one and see what's available. I've just forked out a load of money for a service on it, and I'm skiing next week so money is rather tight :lol:

sorry for hijacking a thread, is there anyway to tell what B-pipe is on a car, mine has a stainless b pipe looks very very similar to the skunk2 but has a stock muffler on it. like the sound but wouldnt mind it being louder lol.

Its a bit cheap and cheerful but the unsilenced sportex b pipe with the OEM back box sounds great. Gives you a real nice rasp.

Back