• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Best System for the DC5?

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
I take it that it would be the Toda? If so, does it look similar to the CTR system, and what are the other alternatives?

Depends on budget Chris, Amuse & J's Racing do some very nice systems for the DC5 but they really aren't cheap, the Amuse R1 runs in around £1200 IIRC.

Wait untill you've seen the Toda in the flesh before you make your mind up on looks as it looks alot beefier in real life than it does in photos.

Cheers Nick. What about other decent options within the Toda price range?

MilanoChris said:
Cheers Nick. What about other decent options within the Toda price range?

For Toda money it would always be a Toda for me, i'm just annoyed there isn't a DC2 system out :(

Again you've got all the same buddyclub systems which are a bit cheaper, Spoon aswell. The choices you've got for the DC5 are far larger than the CTR so its a case of just thinking of as many good Jap manufacturers and seeing what they offer!

The high end systems are very much the Toda, J's Racing and Amuse IMO but its just a case of looking and seeing what takes your fancy mate. And the J's exhaust also have the down turned exhaust pipe if thats the issue for you?

MilanoChris said:
I take it that it would be the Toda? If so, does it look similar to the CTR system, and what are the other alternatives?

Yes it looks similar Chris.

Best exhaust depends on what you do to the engine. Mild N/a mods, toda, supercharged you'll want something with a 65mm+ internal bore.

The J's, Amuse and Toda are all 60mm IIRC, and I suspect they'll all be within a whisker of each other.

I've got a Toda on mine and I think it's great - it fits perfectly, makes good power and sounds just right. The tailpipe is much larger than it looks in pics of the system on its own, I think it's because the back box is quite big and this makes the pipe look small, but when it's fitted to the car you can only see the pipe. It's a subtle look but I personally really like it.

Couple of quick pics for you:
IMG_2706_2.jpg

IMG_2699_2%20copy.jpg

Just a shame that it points down slightly IMO, otherwise it's probably the best exhaust out there.

I think that's what divides opinion on it.

CTR said:
Just a shame that it points down slightly IMO, otherwise it's probably the best exhaust out there.

As do the J's systems, seems to be a common thing, proper race bred Jap exhausts point downwards. Probably to lower the noise levels for track days I'd guess?

CTR_Paul said:
CTR said:

As do the J's systems, seems to be a common thing, proper race bred Jap exhausts point downwards. Probably to lower the noise levels for track days I'd guess?

Yeah it's probably something like that, but it just doesn't do it for me. You pay all that money onyl to look like diesel in disguise :? :roll:

I must admit the 'looking down' thing is probably a major factor in people not buying the Toda catback. :?

dotty said:
I must admit the 'looking down' thing is probably a major factor in people not buying the Toda catback. :?

Agreed, but for some reason I think it looks better on the DC5.
I think because it appears shorter and drops at the edge of the bumper. With the Civic it stick out further then drops which makes it look pants IMO

MilanoChris said:
Not liking that.
I sort of thought you wouldn't, as you seem pretty keen on that Apexi system which is completely the opposite sort of look.

Still, at least you know now... :)

andyd said:
Mugen N1 :twisted:

70mm straight though! :shock: :twisted: :p :wink:

Andy

Sounds good! A bit loud though I would have thought!

Plus I expect it's got the usual "Mugen" price tag on it :roll:

MilanoChris said:
andyd said:
Mugen N1 :twisted:

70mm straight though! :shock: :twisted: :p :wink:

Andy

Sounds good! A bit loud though I would have thought!

Plus I expect it's got the usual "Mugen" price tag on it :roll:

Exactly!

You'll be getting a good system but also paying for name.

I don't think you'd get much better than the Toda TBH Chris :wink:

Back