• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

best torque

just would like to know what's the best way to get torque out of my CTR ?? any help would be great thanks

To improve the torque on the EP3 your best bet is to get a KPro or K100 ECU, this will adjust the fueling as well as many other things and give you your biggest improvement on low down torque.

Couple this with a wider bored full exhaust system and you will see and feel improved torque.

I didn't even have to bother reading your post to know your answer.

If you want a car with plenty of torque, then you don't want a high revving VTEC engine. Same goes with all the other manufacturers variations on variable valve timing engines. It just doesn't work unless you spend stupid money on it, in which case you should have bought something better with your wonga.

Do you have any mods on yours at the mo?

Get your self a TODA 4-2-1 Manifold, that is the mod that will give the most torque apart from Turbo / S/C. If you have a UK EP3 you need a JDM EP3 / DC5 Anti Roll bar to make it fit.

Its a mod where you WILL actually notice the difference in torque.

Jay

EDIT: EP3 exhaust is really restrictive so until you change that, you will not feel all the gains.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have any mods on yours at the mo?

Get your self a TODA 4-2-1 Manifold, that is the mod that will give the most torque apart from Turbo / S/C. If you have a UK EP3 you need a JDM EP3 / DC5 Anti Roll bar to make it fit.

Toda + mapping, without you won't really see the benefit.

Toda + mapping, without you won't really see the benefit.

Disagree. A TODA alone you will see feel / differences, and with an Exhaust you will see better gains as the EP3 exhaust is very restricitve compared to a DC5. Kpro will help tie it all together and get you better gains of course, but mod for mod if you want to increase Torque, the only mod that will do well is the 4-2-1 manifold. Put an exhaust on / intake / kpro you will get very little increase, you need the 4-2-1 (that increases torque).

What about a supercharger thought they were the best thing for improving the torque for a CTR. Of course you will need the exhaust, induction kit and mapping done to for it all to work nicely. Thinking of getting one my self. But not sure if they are worth the money. Need to find some one with one to take me out for a blast.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0391498875&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT
How you think, it will approach to my car? (EP3,2004,UK version)

Be careful with RHD / LHD differences.

Looks like a decent kit for the money and on low boost would be fine on stock EP3. However the rods on an EP3 are very thin, and cause for concern. No injectors with the kit so you would need them, and a KPRO ECU, Fuel pump, Custom dowpipe made to fit. The max you would want to run a stock engine is around 310hp IMO. Anymore and your asking for trouble, to get a really 500hp, you need to do alot of work, check my build thread out, says it all.

But deffo worth a punt at that price, maybe drop in some pistons and rods and turn up the boost.

Only down side is the manifold will not last long, and the shaft on the turbo may not either, (cheap chinese kit) but for the money cant really moan.

Im saving that in my ebay links, as if i come across an EP3 cheap and im bored, looks like something to do / have a play with :D

The max you would want to run a stock engine is around 310hp IMO. Anymore and your asking for trouble

Stock block is good for more than 310 i think. I know of one DC5 thats been running 385 wheel horsepower daily driver for over 6 months and recent compression and leak down tests have been 100%. You may be asking for trouble but no more than just going boosted in the first place.

Stock block is good for more than 310 i think. I know of one DC5 thats been running 385 wheel horsepower daily driver for over 6 months and recent compression and leak down tests have been 100%. You may be asking for trouble but no more than just going boosted in the first place.

Your not asking for trouble if you boost safely on a stock block, yes the ware rate will increase. However i find it hard to believe someone would even be silly enough to run 385whp / 440fwhp on a stock DC5, the Rods a very thin to help the K20's rev high they are thinner than Renualt 5 Turbo Rods, these will fail. Ive seen DC5's Turbo'd running 350 mark throwing Rods. The on you know of, if it is truely running 385whp (which i dont believe) on a Stock engine will blow up.

Back