• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

best torque

Your not asking for trouble if you boost safely on a stock block, yes the ware rate will increase. However i find it hard to believe someone would even be silly enough to run 385whp / 440fwhp on a stock DC5, the Rods a very thin to help the K20's rev high they are thinner than Renualt 5 Turbo Rods, these will fail. Ive seen DC5's Turbo'd running 350 mark throwing Rods. The on you know of, if it is truely running 385whp (which i dont believe) on a Stock engine will blow up.

If your ware rate increases then thats inviting trouble how ever you care to look at it. Boosting a block thats designed as a high revving N/A can be done safely i agree but its never going to maintain OEM reliability.
I was there when the DC5 was built,mapped (Surry Rolling Road) and then thrashed. IIRC it was a hybrid GT28 on a proper tubular manifold running 11lbs of boost with all the proper bolt ons, full 3" exhaust and downpipe ect. I have no reason to lie about any figures as it wasnt my car and he made less power than me anyways:lol:
Its not blown despite going to the Pod and various road runs. Yes its probably a bit highly strung but stating it will catagorically blow up is a little bit niave. Few years back i had people like yourself telling me that boosting an F20C past 10lbs was instant death. Ive done 30,000 hard miles at over a bar and guess what, im still kicking.

If your ware rate increases then thats inviting trouble how ever you care to look at it. Boosting a block thats designed as a high revving N/A can be done safely i agree but its never going to maintain OEM reliability.
I was there when the DC5 was built,mapped (Surry Rolling Road) and then thrashed. IIRC it was a hybrid GT28 on a proper tubular manifold running 11lbs of boost with all the proper bolt ons, full 3" exhaust and downpipe ect. I have no reason to lie about any figures as it wasnt my car and he made less power than me anyways:lol:
Its not blown despite going to the Pod and various road runs. Yes its probably a bit highly strung but stating it will catagorically blow up is a little bit niave. Few years back i had people like yourself telling me that boosting an F20C past 10lbs was instant death. Ive done 30,000 hard miles at over a bar and guess what, im still kicking.

Im not niave, but around these cars / engine's in all forms. I have peole coming to me to mod there cars, if someone said can you boost my K20 on stock internals to what your saying above, i would turn it away, becuase i know what will happen. At the moment ive been Turbo'ing my own, and to run 500whp the amount of work done to the engine is imense, especially to keep it reving to 9000rpm. Yes if you turn down the revs say the above DC5 to 7500rpm (which alot of folk do) will make it last longer, but thats not what VTEC's are about.

You have your opinions and i have mine. Im glad yours is lasting, the F20 is alot stronger than the K20.

Out of interest what spec are you running, how high does yours rev? Any pics?

Cheers
Jay

You have your opinions and i have mine.

Thats cool, in the long run its just good that people are trying things differently and passing on their experiences.

Mines stock block , 9200 rpm , 14lbs on a Precision 5857 Ceramic bearing. I think the engines getting a bit tired so im tempted to turn the meth back on, up the boost and see what happens. Mahle are now selling an FRM compliant 9:1 piston so thats an option or just buy Phils2k Laskey engine thats on the market.

Thats cool, in the long run its just good that people are trying things differently and passing on their experiences.

Mines stock block , 9200 rpm , 14lbs on a Precision 5857 Ceramic bearing. I think the engines getting a bit tired so im tempted to turn the meth back on, up the boost and see what happens. Mahle are now selling an FRM compliant 9:1 piston so thats an option or just buy Phils2k Laskey engine thats on the market.

Yeah its deffo nice that people do there own things, ive been knocked no doubt for certain things that others dont agree with etc. On this post i just gave my advise the Poster above regards boosting his EP3 with a 485HP Kit, and my advice to him was as above, exactly what i would do to my car.

Mahle gold series and eagle rods should do the trick. The only thing is the FRM liners have been known to crack under high load, my usual advice regards FRM liners is if you want more than 400-450engine power then look at sleveing for a reliable strong block, however the S2000 FRM liners are alot stronger than H22, F20 is extremely over engineered. Would be worth putting in some Darton Sleves and you would really really have a strong block.

Lol, dont blow her up, take the head of and see how shes doing, if shes ok, you've got your piece of mind, if not then no point in having a mess in there if it does let go, might aswell drop the block out and work with it.

What power are you producing? Have any video's?

Cheers
Jay

Last edited by a moderator:
however the S2000 FRM liners are alot stronger than H22, F20 is extremely over engineered. Would be worth putting in some Darton Sleves and you would really really have a strong block.

Yeah iirc they are good for about 600whp , but i like the idea of sleeving purely for the fact if it does go pop you can bore out and go up a piston size. The Mahle pistons only come .25 over sized so you've only got one hone to work with.

Currently making 410whp. There's a little left in it but i dont really need it for the road lol

Any quicker Jay and you'll be going back in time........

Your S2000 is laughably fast.

:lol:

Check this thread out http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=789823&st=0

Theres a couple of guys who wanted to see just how far they could take a stock engine. He made 765 whp. I like this thread the most because the install is a work of art. Twin scroll manifold is :cool:

blacks2k004Medium.jpg

s2k078Medium.jpg

Getting nearly 900bhp from a 2litre engine that wasnt designed to even run boost and have it running on the track and street for a good while shows how well Honda built the engine.

Yeah iirc they are good for about 600whp , but i like the idea of sleeving purely for the fact if it does go pop you can bore out and go up a piston size. The Mahle pistons only come .25 over sized so you've only got one hone to work with.

Currently making 410whp. There's a little left in it but i dont really need it for the road lol

I bet she is an animal! Hopefully see you at some events when ive gone mine. Would love to see how scarey an S2000 Turbo is :)

:lol:

Check this thread out http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=789823&st=0

Theres a couple of guys who wanted to see just how far they could take a stock engine. He made 765 whp. I like this thread the most because the install is a work of art. Twin scroll manifold is :cool:

blacks2k004Medium.jpg

s2k078Medium.jpg

Getting nearly 900bhp from a 2litre engine that wasnt designed to even run boost and have it running on the track and street for a good while shows how well Honda built the engine.

Sexual manifold. We have something like that on a GT4 engine my bro's building. Gorgeous.

I should have just built an S2000 instead of my ATR, the amount of work ive had to do to that H22A is crazy. Oh well its almost done now. Looks quite easy to boost a S2K, parts available of the shelf?

Actually i need to stop thing about it right now!! lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet she is an animal! Hopefully see you at some events when ive gone mine. Would love to see how scarey an S2000 Turbo is :)

I've seen J's & Phils and both are mental. Was behind Phil when he gave it a boot and i don't think i've ever seen anything move so quick in my life!

I've seen J's & Phils and both are mental. Was behind Phil when he gave it a boot and i don't think i've ever seen anything move so quick in my life!

I can imagine, drift kings to eh?

This is exciting me more and more to pick mine up when the mappings finished. Max the injectors will run (ID 1000's) will be 600whp at around 1.6bar. Will have to change injectors to turn up the boost to 2bar around 700whp+.

You could always throw a V8 in an S2000..... All motor, loads of grunt..... unexpected sound :D

You could but that would be cheating lol
Jay when is your car due back? Who's mapping the Aem for you?

You could but that would be cheating lol
Jay when is your car due back? Who's mapping the Aem for you?

Cheating it will be ruining the creation of that Inline 4.
I dunno mate, i ran out of time so i Artech have it, they are finishing a few bits for me as i dont have the time to dedicate my weekends to it, I.E gauges, boost controller, fuel pumps, turbo lines, mapping. Romain from Artech is also mapping the AEM EMS, using AEM TRU Boost Controller / Gauge.

Cheers
Jay

Yeah but then you go and bolt all sorts of piping on hahaha, that's just as 'cheating'

30 seconds in :D

[video=youtube;pLEYdsQGcPI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLEYdsQGcPI&feature=related[/video]

Some might remember that Supra that 'shifted' en route to Santa Pod :eek:

Back