• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Best Tyres Sub 80 quid

I can recommend KU39's by Kumho... good for a daily driver in both wet and dry conditions. Couldn't comment on track performance though.

Uni royal rain sport are good (not outstanding, but you grey what you pay for) in wet, standing water etc. so may be ok for winter period.

Thanks. I understand you get what you pay for. I dont intend on racing around anywhere on the roads during the winter ;)

Could I go for a 205 40 17? They seem much cheaper and the car would accelerate better due to the smaller size.......

Don't see why not. The ride may seem a little firmer. I know some people like to go for a 225 also. Maybe a 225 40 17?

Personally I would inform my insurance if I changed tyre dimensions - just in case. Always good to keep yourself covered...

I have the Kumho KU39's and I've found them decent for the money, the standard tyre size on the EP3 is 205/45/17.

Some Falken's may be within your budget too, I have never used them but some people rate them.

Back