• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

best way to get rid of water marks on my nhb ctr?!

sometimes i just give her a quick clean like i did last night, in the morning i noticed she has streaks and water marks every where!:mad: what would you guys recommend i should do to stop this lol

sometimes i just give her a quick clean like i did last night, in the morning i noticed she has streaks and water marks every where!:mad: what would you guys recommend i should do to stop this lol

When I've rinsed the car I go over it with a clean AG water blade, and then wipe it down with a Megs microfibre "chamoix" jobby...

Sounds like yours might be due for a dam good polish, wax & seal...?

Dry it properly mate.

Try using some Quick Detailer on the drying towel or panels as you dry too.
If you have a leaf blower use that to get the worst of the water off to start with.
I've done it when washing my bike a few times much to the amusement of dad's neighbours.

I have a NHB and water marks are a killer.

I use one of these...

090_980.jpg

I wash one side, rinse, then remove water with this. Then move onto the next side/front/back.

After the whole car is clean I give it a quick rinse again and go over the whole car again with the balde.

Then just use a shamy for the hard to get bits, it works a treat ;) .

as above, you need a decent coat of sealant and wax on the car. Use AG shampoo, luke warm water and rinse a panel at a time...drying towel as you go. I normally do the roof then dry it, the back of the car then dry it, then each side and then the front...usually end up giving it a wipe over at the end...but no water marks. Once you have them you need to wash the car again to get them off.

Use a hose without any attachments on it and watch the water sheet off the car, rather than leaving water droplets everywhere.

It just needs drying properly.
A proper drying towel would be a good start.
OR as said, a microfibre towel with a bit of quick detailer, that way you give it a light coat of shine and protection.

I've started going for a quick spin straight after I've rinsed the car to get rid of most of the standing water. Just around the block seems to do the trick. You do get a little bit of muck on the lower parts of the panels but you can either rinse this off (it won't stand because it's on a vertical panel), or I just go over it with a microfibre towel and QD.

Please do not use water blades on cars, they can pick up a bit of grit and drag it across the paintwork leaving deep scratches. It is a big bug bear with me as when I am polishing cars you get rid of the swirls only to find a long deep scratch right along the bonnet caused by a drying blade. Keep if for wiping down the walls in your shower room.

For a dark coloured car it is best to dry it in the shade using a quality deep pile microfiber drying towel. Make sure it is slightly damp first by wiping both sides across the windscreen, then gently wipe it across the paintwork in the direction of airflow, working from the top finishing off at the bottom of the car. Giving the car a good squirt before this with quick detailer can help the water to run off as they have water softeners in them. Always use a fresh clean towel, do not be tempted to leave it to dry and use it again as there is too much risk in some grit lurking in the fibers from your last dry. If you have access to a leaf blower (that is clean) then blow in all the nooks and crannies first to get out any trapped water, it will keep drizzling out later if you do not.

Another alternative is to rinse the car off with soft water such as bottled or filtered. I use on occasion when it is really hot water from my Reverse Osmosis system which is pure and will leave no water marks, I can literally leave the car to drip dry.

It sounds as though it needs a bit of protection.

If you're going by hand, wash it, clay it, polish with AG SRP, and protecrt with a wax, or some AG EGP.

This will make washing and drying much easier in the future. Open end hose helps a lot.

Joe

Please do not use water blades on cars, they can pick up a bit of grit and drag it across the paintwork leaving deep scratches. It is a big bug bear with me as when I am polishing cars you get rid of the swirls only to find a long deep scratch right along the bonnet caused by a drying blade. Keep if for wiping down the walls in your shower room.

For a dark coloured car it is best to dry it in the shade using a quality deep pile microfiber drying towel. Make sure it is slightly damp first by wiping both sides across the windscreen, then gently wipe it across the paintwork in the direction of airflow, working from the top finishing off at the bottom of the car. Giving the car a good squirt before this with quick detailer can help the water to run off as they have water softeners in them. Always use a fresh clean towel, do not be tempted to leave it to dry and use it again as there is too much risk in some grit lurking in the fibers from your last dry. If you have access to a leaf blower (that is clean) then blow in all the nooks and crannies first to get out any trapped water, it will keep drizzling out later if you do not.

Another alternative is to rinse the car off with soft water such as bottled or filtered. I use on occasion when it is really hot water from my Reverse Osmosis system which is pure and will leave no water marks, I can literally leave the car to drip dry.

Would the Tesco Value 5 litre bottled water do the trick also?
For when you want to give the car a quick wash when your car car shows etc.
OR is that water basically like tap water?
I dont fancy buying 10 litres EVIAN lol

Don't see why not, you are primarily after soft water, softer the better i.e. without the calcium. Scottish water is great for that, but any RO or filtered water will do which is a lot of what these bottled waters are.

You can actually buy an in-line water filter system which will help a great deal but if you are in a hard water area they will clogg up quickly.

Back