• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

best ways to keep the MPG up?

This is probably a noob Q but anyway. My B16B is due an oil change, so looking to service it soon, as Honda recommend to change oil every 3500 miles (not sure for later engines). I've already purchased a brand new OEM fuel filter from tegiwa (a bit sceptical with this one though since it says made in s.korea), and new oil obviously. is there anything else I should be looking to purchase other than lighter shoes?

Cheers :)

a bit sceptical with this one though since it says made in s.korea

Just watch out for it breaking out into a bit of Gangnam Style when you're fitting it and you should be OK.

Seriously though if it's Honda OEM or HAMP it'll be fine.

With regards using less fuel, make sure it's serviced on time which it sounds like you are doing. Dirty air filters affect fuel economy so make sure that is changed on schedule and keep the revs below 3k. To be fair though, you've got a high output per litre NA engine, it's not really designed for great economy.

That's true. I also run on v power as well. I can do about 250ish miles on a full tank but I've read others doing around 330 on the same engine so I'm sure there could be something I need replaced. I check my tyres also daily. But thanks for the heads up about the gangnam attack

Used to average about 28mpg in my FD2. But I drove very steady all week to and from work. Sitting at 65mph and shifting at about 3k.

But, thats why I sold it in the end. Wasn't using it for it purpose.

Ah! I'm getting around that much too but I don't do long distances. So im ok. The worst thing is that my petrol light doesn't come on! Think one of the sensors are done in lol

How many litres does the tank hold on a EK9 mate?
My EP3 will do about 300 miles to a full tank and thats with a mixture of steady driving with the odd VTEC blast, mine has got all the usual bolt ons so is not exactly standard but i'm pretty pleased with the fuel economy, its not brillaint but not bad either. Pretty sure the tank capacity on a EP3 is 52 litres

tyre pressures
excess weight removed
well serviced, air, oil and fuel filter. check sparks in good order.

Don't use your brakes. Coast IN GEAR in the highest gear (without labouring the engine) possible to every junction & stop - where practical/safe to do so. Accelerate gently and keep the revs between 2k & 3.5k.

Accelerate downhill where possible, never accelerate uphill - only maintain or decrease speed uphill.

Tailgate/Slipstream trucks on the motorway. I used to do this a lot in the mini, but I had CB radio so I could ask before doing so... which is always a safe/courteous thing to do.

Hi Money Saving Honda Experts. Which is the best broadband provider to go for in terms of speed/cost benefit

Regards

Technologically confused, Norwich.

How many litres does the tank hold on a EK9 mate?
My EP3 will do about 300 miles to a full tank and thats with a mixture of steady driving with the odd VTEC blast, mine has got all the usual bolt ons so is not exactly standard but i'm pretty pleased with the fuel economy, its not brillaint but not bad either. Pretty sure the tank capacity on a EP3 is 52 litres

Not much haha. I struggled to get 40 in iirc.

Don't use your brakes. Coast IN GEAR in the highest gear (without labouring the engine) possible to every junction & stop - where practical/safe to do so. Accelerate gently and keep the revs between 2k & 3.5k.

Accelerate downhill where possible, never accelerate uphill - only maintain or decrease speed uphill.

Tailgate/Slipstream trucks on the motorway. I used to do this a lot in the mini, but I had CB radio so I could ask before doing so... which is always a safe/courteous thing to do.

Downhill in high gear = zero fuel being used.

However coasting downhill with engine off gets you further.

Used to do this in my manual civic hybrid, plus no starter motor meant no juddering when lifting clutch once in gear.

one thing to keep in mind is what roads you are driving too, if its motorway miles you'll get the highest mpg compared to city.

do 60/65 instead of 70 is probably the only advise i can give on motorway, other than that as stated, drive like miss Daisy!

Oh and forget the super unleaded unless your car is mapped to it, that'll save you some mpg :)

The extra cost more than negates any gain in MPG a car mapped to unleaded will do just as well.

Get yourself on here: http://www.spritmonitor.de and put all your fuelings in, that way you can experiment yourself, leave notes, try Regular vs Super unleaded and see what works best for your car. And if you are REALLY cool you can have your average MPG in your sig like me :cool:

haha! good patter/ advice lads! well my ek9 is currently dead with no engine or seats so it has 99999999999999..MPG if pushed it off a never ending hill.

anyway it's an EJ9 I have with full stripped rear interior. I filled up V power at 141.9 on monday (£20.01), and done about 91 miles so that's about 30mpg according to this online calculator I used. Just filled it up with Tesco Momentum at 134.9 earlier today.. £25.04.

YES I ****ING SUCK AT GETTING IT DEAD ON £xx.00!! haha! I think a full tank is like 40 odd litres. 42 to be exact if i remember correctly...

Back