• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Best winter preparation body work wise?

SpaceMonkey

Midget Wannabe
As you some of you know I'm picking up my first CTR this week & she's mint.
But I want to get her ready for the long shiz winter months & wanted other people's opinions of how this is best done?

I always wash the car & then treat her to a polish with Autoglym Super Resin Polish followed by Gloss Protection. But old by a friend that she should be waxed :?

Whats the best way of doing things?
Wash then polish then wax then gloss protection????

Cheers in advance

SpaceMonkey said:
Wash then polish then wax then gloss protection????

Exactly!

and you could even add a clay bar sesh inbetween the wash and polish if you really want to spend a good few hours at it.

I think you wax over a sealent mate TBH

You could try Step 3 in the Megs 3 step system as it wax with little or no cleaners in it.

Halfords before you ask :lol: :wink:

Can someone clear this up please? :lol:

Wanna know whether wash then wax then gloss protection is best way?

Or

Wash, gloss protection & then wax?

When the weather was ok a couple of weeks ago I cleaned it throughly making sure everything was off the paintwork. I cleaned it, claybar'd it, went over again cleaning it, then a full coat of wax all over.

I then just clean it when I can and its come up like new again so far, even when it rains it just dries up without leaving marks :D

Carl

My car has turned a funny grey colour, so I going to give it the once over before the really bad weather starts Clay bar style me thinks, just got to wait for it to stop raining

Back