• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bird droppings

Didn't wash the car for a few weeks and left some bird stuff on there.

Washed it, and now, the bird mess has stained the paint work,

any suggestions - apart from the obvious.. Yes lesson learnt :)

Shoot the birds before they come near your CTR lol

Try some autoglym super resin polish on the affected area, might work. I'm sure someone with more knowledge on paintwork will be along shortly though :D

Depends where it is.

If its on metal panels some decent polish should remove the staining.

However if its on the plastic it isn't always so easy. Last year I had to have my rear spoiler re-sprayed due to bird crap eating through the paint after a few hours.

Wash it, tar remover, and then clay.

Clay won't do anything for the paintwork to be honest. It will just remove any left over bird sh1t after washing. We all know bird sh1t is corrosive so what it actually does is etch itself into the lacquer permanently, and basically destroys the paintwork.

So, the solution depends on how early you managed to catch it. If it's been there a while and has eaten deep into the lacquer or any further your only choice is to either have a full respray of the panel or have it smart repaired.

But if you managed to catch it early, you can sometimes get it out by flattening down the area with fine wet & dry sandpaper (say P1500 and above), then polish it back with rubbing compound then normal polish.

i keep a pack of these in the glovebox

AGBDW.jpg

Doesn't help to fix the problem but a good idea to avoid this in the future

Back