• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Blanking off an exhaust opening

Good morrow chaps/chappesses!

I'm thinking of getting a Martelius catback, and I'm thinking that the empty/unused exhaust port at the rear will annoy me :)

I've only seen one video where a guy was getting his FN2 wrapped matt black (looked mean as feck BTW), and he seemed to have a translucent black plate over the unused port.

Anyone know of anything like this?

I was thinking maybe a HKS style metal mesh cover (the one that surrounds their tailpipe) but without the hole for the tailpipe. Maybe a DIY jobby.

Any input welcome :D

I had a single exit on my last FN2. It didn't bother me one bit to be honest and you couldn't really tell unless you got down and looked for it.

You can just about see through to the drive here:

IMAG3092.jpg

Now I'm a little bit jealous of the Mugen rear end!

I think the main thing that caught my attention was in the cold the other morning; you can see steam rising from both sides.

I'm sure there will be more important things to worry about!

Putting a blanking plate on it just draws attention to it in my opinion. Your car though, do what makes you happy with it!

the rear mugen bumper on its own adds a good little touch to the car looked good loxy!
I have a single exit tegiwa catback on my fn2 and I personally think blanking one side off would look abit strange
best way would be to leave it open for a few das or so and see what you think but all personal opinion as said.

Off topic, however; does the Tegiwa catback sound anywhere near as loud as the Martelius?

I'm looking for a proper giant wasp style sound, and the Martelius seems to hit the note in the videos that I've seen.

Tegiwa videos do sound different to stock, but still not sure.

I'm sure both sound great in person.

The Tegiwa is nowhere near as loud as the Martelius. The Martelius is obtrusive and OTT in my opinion, but it is just that, everyone's opinion of what they want differs. I certainly couldn't live with it though.

The Tegiwa on the other hand was louder than stock, purposeful and not too droney. It is loud with a decat header at 8k rpm don't get me wrong, just not so much that you want to shove pens in your ears to block out the noise.

Haha, for some reason I just envisioned the scene from Blackadder goes forth; two pencils up his nose and underwear on his head.

I am torn between those two, and thought that because the FN2 isn't a daily driver (the joys of the company diesel) that I might get away with the Martelius.

:lol:

Get a second hand one if you do. They are always coming up because people buy them thinking they are a good idea. That way, when you are selling it on it a few months, you won't take as much of a hit! :p

The tegiwa is noticeably louder than stock but not so loud that you wake the neighbours on a cold start, its exactly what I was looking for and I love it, but each to their own.

The martelius does seem like a proper hornet jobby, even if given a slight poke.

Is the Tegiwa prone to the odd pop and burble as well as being noticeably louder than stock?

Oh dear. Header is a whole other can of worms.

Asked the gents down at a local tuners whether they knew any friendly mot places. They said they used to, but it's all gone a bit more strict around here of late.

Back