• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Bluetooth phone pairing

Im having issues pairing my phone with my champ white fn2. Recognises all other voice commands but when i say "phone setup" it thinks im saying "fan speed up" very frustrating!! Help:confused:
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The wife has it in her EX and I've never used the HFT in it all honesty. I do seem to remember from the dealer demo that he did it on the voice commands.

It might sound daft but try a text to speech app on your phone and hold it up to the mic (in the map reading light cluster on the roof near the windscreen). They tend to have a neutral accent.

Failing that pop into the dealers with it. I've read on other forums people doing that with similar voice command issues. Let them struggle with it!

Thanks mate. Ill give a try tonight and let you know how i get on :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Ok tried this tonight with a text to speech app and still no joy.
Although everything else it understands no problem. Double checked and command is 'phone setup' i then get fan speedup instead. :banghead:

I'll check with the Mrs in the morning and see what she says. She's paired a few phones to her car now.

Checked with the Mrs this morning and she said it's just "phone setup." There's no option to do it through the menus either.

She said she didn't have a problem with it. :/

She suggested trying to get someone else to try it or leaving a pause after saying "phone," before, "setup."

Ok tried this tonight with a text to speech app and still no joy.
Although everything else it understands no problem. Double checked and command is 'phone setup' i then get fan speedup instead. :banghead:

Try a funny accent. My EX works better with an american accent.

Hi,

I have a HFT system and mine keeps forgetting my new phone which is becoming a pain...anyway on to your issue, this might sound silly but are you using the phone speech button (upward facing on the wheel) and not the voice command button situated underneath?? It sounds like this might be the case if it is getting confused between a command for the phone and a command for the car....

Hope this helps!

Hmm i press the speak button on steering wheel but there are call answer and hangup buttons also.
Which do i use to connect? Cheers

Hi guys. After buying my new pride and joy yesterday I have come across a couple of things,

1 voice commands do not understand. Either it's my Leicester accent or the Mic is broken. And also the phone button does not work when pressed . Is it an easy fix?

2 I need to buy 8 CD magazine/cassette and don't know what to look for.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've owned my type r for a year and just set up the handsfree and was very easy.

i pushed the call / voice button and said "phone set up " and then it give you options from there on in, easy and simple.

Hi guys . Like I've said in a previous post my hft don't work and I thought it was just the buttons on the wheel. But having doing a little bit of research it could be the module itself. Any clues to how I find this?

Also I found out that a lot of people have had a power drain and the htf is the culprit. Could it be that someone has disconnected it for that reason? I noticed some one has had the centre console out at some point as it seems to be loose (missing screws) . Cheers in advance

Hi. As above posts my HFT ain't working so after going through 3 used mics I decided to shell out at Honda for a new one . It turned up today and guess what... it still don't work . I give up now any ideas ?

I've tried the diagnostic menu to turn sound up but there is literally nothing. I also tried a mic from an aftermarket stereo and cut the Jack plug off and fed the wires in the plug, it worked but you have to shout. it's becoming a bloody money pit. Love the car but the electrics are shocking!

Any pointers would be appreciated or I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and send it in for diagnostic.

Back