• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bmc cda! Do not buy these!

I've had a BMC CDA on the car for a few weeks, and it makes a lovely lovely noise.
BUT! Had my car on a Dyno on Sunday afternoon....

With, BMC CDA...

Run 1, 164BHP! That's right, 164! This was a calibration run, so pinch of salt required!
Run 2, 178BHP! Better, but still crap really!
Run 3, 186BHP! Again, better, but still not great,
Run 4, 197.9BHP! STANDARD AIRBOX!

So, the BMC CDA, basically REDUCED BHP by 10% there or there abouts as well as 10% torque!
Stock airbox, pushed back to factory figures (no power mods on my car now!)

So, all this hubble bubble about 'induction kits', buying Gruppe-M style, I always took as a little overstated. But, dyno proven that the Standard airbox is MUCH better than an induction kit of sorts, even a expensive Carbon Fibre one!

Pic, Runs 3 & 4 overlayed!

4e%20(4).jpg

4f%20(3).jpg

We all know this mate, most cones that sit in the engine bay are the same.

In your graphs, VTEC is engaged at different RPM though. :?

So it appears mate, but the ONLY difference between the 2 are the intakes!
I put it down to worse airflow between the BMC and standard, as there is literally NO other difference to the car!

are these just power runs or was the car been remapped as you go through the runs?

i find it strange that the BHP rises so much over the first 3, even though you had the same induction cone...

I've had different cars on different dyno's and never had a discrepancy as large as the OP.

As I say, the first run was calibration more than anything else, so didn't read into it too much.
ECU reset between runs 2-3, but no 'real' work done, so basically just power runs!

fair enough, its just hard to say that it was just the induction kit that caused the lower than expected figures.
It rises on every power run :S

The first run I pretty much ignore, as engine was only really just about warm enough. Probably daft putting it in the OP really ;)
We also Dyno'd another EP3 (the owners) and it was reading out pretty much bang on the same every time, give or take 1-2 HP.
It's noticeable even driving now, engine just feels more lively, more ready if that makes sense!

Surely a gruppe M gives some sort of gain over the standard box!! Its less restriced inside the box and it basicly gets direct cold air as it rests on the scuttle panel. I no if u cut the baffeling out of the standard box it makes a slight increase in power but honda made them with the baffels to keep noise down.

Surely a gruppe M gives some sort of gain over the standard box!! Its less restriced inside the box and it basicly gets direct cold air as it rests on the scuttle panel. I no if u cut the baffeling out of the standard box it makes a slight increase in power but honda made them with the baffels to keep noise down.
Where does a Gruppe M come into this?

Also, no text speak please.

So was the BMC fitted properly with a cold air feed to the bumper/wheel arch?

If it wasn't and was just taking air from the bay then that would go some way to explain, but you'd have to have the intake pipe over the exhaust manifold to get those sorts of figures surely?

Something doesn't smell right here, no sir.

Watch the txt speak fella, read here for more details: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?69042-View-on-Text-Speak

I'm also confused as to why the GM has been mentioned ???

pictures of the bmc fitted to your car please, including caf setup. You're not one of those dudes that bent the caf round 180deg to make it a front facing air feed are you..?

ftr, I had a bmc kit and it didn't last long on my car either, so I'm with you on that...but am interested to see how you fitted it

If you read the thread again it clearly states and mentions about gruppe m style induction kits, so my point was surely it would b more likely to make power than any other form of air box or induction mod.

If you read the thread again it clearly states and mentions about gruppe m style induction kits, so my point was surely it would b more likely to make power than any other form of air box or induction mod.

I see what you mean now. Careful with the txt speak though fella.

Not a prob dude u had me thinkin when i seen your post. sorry about the txt speak, using my phone just so used to doing it. Sorry

Back