• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bolts for Spoon Manifold

Hi chaps,

I have a spoon 4-2 and 2-1 to fit to my car however it came with no nuts/bolts to mount the 4-2 and the 2-1 together. Do i need particular types such as spring bolts or can i just have a rummage and find something that simply fits?

Cheers

Mike

I'd make sure you use a plain washer and a spring washer if you use a normal nut, But for something like this I'd recommend plain washers with nyloc nuts

Thanks for the response. It's a good start obv don't want the 2-1 rattling loose :) thanks again

I'd make sure you use a plain washer and a spring washer if you use a normal nut, But for something like this I'd recommend plain washers with nyloc nuts

don't use nyloc nuts as they will melt and come loose. the non flex joint uses the oem bolt and spring system. the flex one uses stud and nuts. i would get the nuts from honda as they have been squeezed a bit stop them coming undone. the studs you cant get from honda as they only come with the 4-2 manifold. any hardware shop should keep exhaust studs.

don't use nyloc nuts as they will melt and come loose. the non flex joint uses the oem bolt and spring system. the flex one uses stud and nuts. i would get the nuts from honda as they have been squeezed a bit stop them coming undone. the studs you cant get from honda as they only come with the 4-2 manifold. any hardware shop should keep exhaust studs.

Agree with ^^^, don't use nylocs!!

Get the oem bolts/springs & nuts (nuts are similar to nylocs) from Honda, they're pretty cheap!

All depends on the quality, decent aerospace grade nylocs are built to withstand epic temperatures. only the low grade tat from halfrauds would melt

Back