• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bolts on the CAT

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
Can they be replaced? Or is it a case of replacing the whole cat?

EDIT

Sorry, should have added more detail - I mean the ones where the B pipe sits on to.

Yes, they are replacable. No need to replace the whole cat.
Did yours snapped off?

Trung said:
Yes, they are replacable. No need to replace the whole cat.
Did yours snapped off?

No, I sold my Spoon kit and took it of today. The bolts were a little rusted as well as the nuts so I treated them with a bit of WD 40. Managed to get the B pipe of but putting the OEM one back on was a hastle. I used new nuts but it started threading. Finally got it off and the bolt is all threaded. Got the old on on (just) but it's blowing slightly so I need to replace the bolt for when the Apexi gets here.

1 of my 3 Cat to B Pipe bolts are threadbare. :(

I am not blowing but I think the dork who fitted my FREE Dc Sports Exhaust managed to bend the heatshield as i get vibration/rattle @ low revs. :x

How easy are they replaced? I don't want my Apexi blowing :shock:

On the reverse side ie facing towards the cat there is a flat oblong metal plate. Is it a case of removing this with a flat bladed instrument? Or does it need to be banged through from thread side?

hi :)
i would hit the threaded end as they are spline fit , it may be wise to add a small amount of grease or copper slip to the new ones when refitting as it will be tight .

danny :wink:

Scousefella said:

I am not blowing but I think the dork who fitted my FREE Dc Sports Exhaust managed to bend the heatshield as i get vibration/rattle @ low revs. :x

More than likely it's the additional resonance from your sports exhaust that is causing the heatshield to vibrate more Scouse.

CTR_Paul said:
Scousefella said:

More than likely it's the additional resonance from your sports exhaust that is causing the heatshield to vibrate more Scouse.

It sounds horrible though Paul, I need to eliminate it. :(

Scousefella said:
CTR_Paul said:
Scousefella said:

It sounds horrible though Paul, I need to eliminate it. :(

Get your car on a ramp - there are some bolts on the heatshield next to the silencer on the b pipe. I had this problem too and it sorted it out when I tightened them.

Scousefella said:
I will investigate @ the weekend - cheers Boss. 8)

No probs fella.

dannysed said:
hi :)
i would hit the threaded end as they are spline fit , it may be wise to add a small amount of grease or copper slip to the new ones when refitting as it will be tight .

danny :wink:

What kind of grease should I use?

Back