• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Booked in for K-Pro @ CPL Racing

Chris - you'll be better of getting another B pipe - the stock one is very restrictive. The OEM BB is good for 300 BHP mate.

milano_chris said:
The OEM BB is good for 300 BHP mate.

I dunno about that. :!:
I ran for a while with a std BB on my setup and the AF dropped to 12.7 and you could feel the car holding back.
It does work but is restrictive. :wink:

Infact it was more restrictive than fitting the sub silencer in the Spoon and we all know how restrictive that is.

moNoKnoT said:
Black R said:
Oh i thought you sent off ur std ECU and they send u back a Kpro'd one, didnt realise CPL did this in house.

If you sent it off or go to a company that sends them off, there all sent to CPL ;)

Guy does the mods in-house.

- Kevin.

Abbey do their own.
Also Guy doesnt do the actual connections he just makes the hole in the box.

tp said:
milano_chris said:

I ran for a while with a std BB on my setup and the AF dropped to 12.7 and you could feel the car holding back.

Infact it was more restrictive than fitting the sub silencer in the Spoon and we all know how restrictive that is.

I retract my comment then!

milano_chris said:
tp said:
milano_chris said:

I retract my comment then!

:lol:

I always thought that as people were running a std BB with superchargers but its not until you actually see what its like to the AF you understand that it is restrictive. It actiually holds the car back more than a Spoon with the bung in.
recon on a std car an high flow backbox does nothing but if your decatted then its a different story.

if i get spoon b pipe and toda, im a bit worried about how noise it will be , with the magnex now, its just the same as std

tp said:
moNoKnoT said:
Black R said:
Oh i thought you sent off ur std ECU and they send u back a Kpro'd one, didnt realise CPL did this in house.

If you sent it off or go to a company that sends them off, there all sent to CPL ;)

Guy does the mods in-house.

- Kevin.

Abbey do their own.
Also Guy doesnt do the actual connections he just makes the hole in the box.

This is correct our electronics engineer carries out the circuit board modifications.

Back home now :shock: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Results are as follows:

Wheel HP: 176bhp
Fly HP: 211bhp

Mods:
K-Pro
Spoon B-Pipe
AEM CAI

It gained 35whp mid range and about 20whp ish top end.

Smooth power curve now and its much quicker. Shame it was raining badly on the way home and so I couldn't really test it but from what I did test its awesome :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I'm so pleased, thanks Guy :D

For those who are interested, it was £868 inc VAT and 2 hours tuning time.

- Kevin.

moNoKnoT said:
Back home now :shock: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Results are as follows:

Wheel HP: 176bhp
Fly HP: 211bhp

Mods:
K-Pro
Spoon B-Pipe
AEM CAI

It gained 35bhp mid range and about 20bhp ish top end.

Smooth power curve now and its much quicker. Shame it was raining badly on the way home and so I couldn't really test it but from what I did test its awesome :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I'm so pleased, thanks Guy :D

For those who are interested, it was £868 inc VAT and 2 hours tuning time.

- Kevin.

I would've thought it would've been more to be honest with those mods. Plus you state it has an extra 20bhp top end so that'd take you to 217bhp surely? :?

Or am I missing something? :?

MikeyG said:
I would've thought it would've been more to be honest with those mods. Plus you state it has an extra 20bhp top end so that'd take you to 217bhp surely? :?

Or am I missing something? :?

On Guy's dyno, a stock (not mine but in general) CTR makes 188bhp ish so it under reads. Also the Fly figure is an estimate based upon wheel BHP.

Looking at the Dyno thread on here and CTRO its about right if not a bit better.

- Kevin.

I would have thought my de-cat would have made a difference, presumably we've got similar base map though, so the de-cat wouldn't make as much difference as it should?

I went out for a test drive today for the first time since I got it (due to weather) and its a hell of a lot quicker.

Pulls in gears it used to struggle in before, loads more low down power and I've very very pleased :D

- Kevin.

Back