• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Boon65 (Steve) NHB Type R Civic

anyone got an idea if this will fit the Type R ep3 - Honda Integra DC5 2002 - 2006 polished induction kit with filter

snc9zd.jpg

Probably, it's the same engine and very similar bay. Also being an ebay special by the look of it, the fit would probably be rudimentary at the best of times.

It will make a good noise. That will be the only good thing about it. Personally, I'd save the money until a good second hand intake comes up.

Did the grease work on the steering rack?

hi Bud, yeah it is an ebay special lol, id like an aem pipe but there so expensive, i check on ebay regular to see if one comes up and they do occasionally and no the grease didnt work looks like a new steering rack :( i sprayed as many parts as i could see, i need to remove the clips at the top of the gators and spray down those, but hopefully i can get it done weekend, would have done it weekend gone but weather was crap, i was told by my local garage its because its lowered and it put strains on suspension parts which yes i can understand but surely there are loads of cars lowered but i have heard that the honda steering rack can be a problem so who knows

I know the feeling mate, I watched the forums for a year before the intake I wanted came up at a reasonable price. I fitted a cheap open cone intake at one point when I got bored of waiting, but I hated it and took it off after a week.

Sorry to hear the grease didn't work, odd squeeks are really ******* annoying! Yours doesn't look any lower than mine, just bad luck I guess.

yeah bud its annoying aaaarrrrrrggggghhhh lol just sounds like rubber rubbing together but only at low speed when you turn the steering wheel, but it doesnt affect the steering in any way, ill try the grease behind the gators this weekend, but love the car so just wanna get it sorted cause its annoying and just looking on ebay theres loads of induction pipes like aem - k&n etc any idea which is better any advice what to go for :

I hope you get it sorted mate.

There's pros and cons to all intakes. All the open cones are fairly similar, great noise but susceptible to heatsoak. Long-arm cold air intakes also sound good, but the filters end up in places that you don't really want a filter to be, wheel arches for example. The box types are good, but tend to be expensive. It really depends what you want from it, if you just want noise then get a open cone, you can always come up with some creative heat shielding.

thanks bud, me too, they all seem a little strange to me to be honest, i would have thought, it would have been better to get a cold air feed rather than warm air from around the engine bay, on my previous car MG ZS 2.5 V6 it had the filter piped into the inner wing where the old resinator box used to be but bracketed so the filter was out of reach of any water, so seems a little strange why its directly under the bonnet just sucking warm air from around the engine bay as you say they suffer from heat soak, i might be totally wrong but if its cold air feed then surely inner wing would be better ?????, there was a air box on ebay couple of weeks ago, cant remember the name but had an air scoop that protuded from the scuttle and it went for mad money as i watched it till it finished

wow thanks bud very interesting reading those gives me the exact info i need thanks again and yes it was a Gruppe M i watched went for £400 + if i remember correctly, ill keep looking on the forums and ebay and see what comes up :)

update: complete new front & rear gel badges on order and type R side stickers front type R grill R and type R tailgate R ordered. carbon text with baby blue R see pic will update again when complete kits arrived to show everyone, edit put my own sticker here instead
209mz6a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
off a guy called dizzy lusted on fb dude there on my fb honda owners group message him theres also a pricelist somewhere on the group any colour you want :)

update: another little upgrade, decided to change the oem speakers in the rear of my type R ep3, did'nt realise just how rubbish the original ones were ive changed them for 6.5inch (16.5cm) Bass Face 300watt mid bass speakers
2r3ku3c.jpg

need to do my fronts now, remove the oem speakers and replace them with 5.25inch (13cm) Bass Face 200watt mid bass
an20wj.jpg

update of today: ive brought myself a few more items to add to the ep3.....

new Bass Face 5.25inch (13cm) 200watt for doors ordered today, need to look on you tube for details on how to remove then door pads
29hrpe.jpg

New JDM tow hook
dr817l.jpg

Back