• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bowman's EP3

After 9 months of being on this site I think its about time I have a little page for my car :)

Bought her in November 2011

After a good read through the forum I decided to splash out on a Tegiwa M Intake, shortly followed by a K100 & remap at TDi North. dyno'd 234bhp, 170lb :D very pleased considering the mods

IMG_1152.JPG

IMG_1154.JPG

IMG_1159.JPG

Current mods *updated 22/3/13*

Engine:
Tegiwa M Intake
Tegiwa intake hoses
Hondata K100 & remap @ TDi North
Fujitsubo RM01A
M Factory Helical LSD
Clockwise Baffled Sump
J's Racing Magenetic Sump Plug
J's Racing Oil Cap
ES Engine mount inserts
Powerflex Gearbox mount inserts

Suspension:
Eibach Pro Springs
SPC Camber Arms & Bolts
Full SuperPro Bush Kit inc Caster Increase Bushes
FRSU

Wheels:
Standard EP3 wheels - Dark Antracite
Yokohama AD08's

Brakes:
Stoptech Powerslot Grooved Discs - Front
OEM discs - Rear
Ferodo DS2500
Stoptech Braided Lines
Motul RBF 600 Dot 4 Fluid

ICE:
Sony CDX-GT500 Headunit
Pioneer TS-A171Ci components
Honda tweeter covers

Others:
Climair Wind Deflectors
Honda Jazz washer jets
Alcantara gater
6000k HID kit

Last edited by a moderator:
received some goodies today :) sick of having crap audio in my car!

IMG_1321.JPG

going to install them at the weekend :) will post some pics once its all in

Tweeters are a great boost to the sound. I was thinking of new door speakers too are you using the same wires form the old speakers and just replacing the speakers?

I'm not sure... I've never changed speakers before, just added subwoofers :)

would it make a difference?

I looked into it and it seems using the same wire is fine but the best sound is wiring them all up to an amp. I remember my 1st car doing all the sound stuff and I nver wired them to the amp. I used the wires that the OEM speakers used and this went into a box and the box split the wires to the tweets and the componants. Ive tweeters in this civic from the last owner but looks like he took out the bottom speakers and put the OEM ones in, ive not looked into it yet.

yeh was thinking about putting an amp in, but wasnt sure if it was necessary

going to try just wiring them up, if im not happy ill go get an amp :)

got my speakers & tweeters fitted yesterday... really nice crisp sound now :) rears seem to be letting the sound quality down now, so think I may replace those aswell

heres a shot of my tweeters in the OEM covers:
IMG_1346.JPG

Thats excellent power output with minimum mods, nicely done sir.

Wiring everything up to an amp will make a difference, make everything more better. Of course it depends on what type of music and at what volume you listen to, but I've always liked to have decent speakers and an amp hidden away somewhere so that I can listen to punk at the appropriate volume...

I like the tweeters, where did you find them?

Same as above, like the tweeters, and are they hard to fiddle with when fitting?

Good work bud.

thanks for the comments :)

Thats excellent power output with minimum mods, nicely done sir.

Wiring everything up to an amp will make a difference, make everything more better. Of course it depends on what type of music and at what volume you listen to, but I've always liked to have decent speakers and an amp hidden away somewhere so that I can listen to punk at the appropriate volume...

I like the tweeters, where did you find them?

Yeh I was thinking of amping them at some point... I get enough volume most of the time, but as soon as im doing over 60mph I can barely hear the bass. So thinking some new speakers for rears aswell, and them amp them all :)

The tweeters were part of this:
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/15431.html

PIONEER-TS-A171CI.jpg

They were really easy to work with, came with wiring that already had crimps, so was a case of glueing them into the covers and connecting up to new speakers :) they sound lovely too!!

the tweeter covers pop off with a slight pull from the top. i managed to snap one to the clips though, so be careful :D

Hey, that's a pretty good deal! I would buy some right now if I hadn't already spent my rent money on springs...

Amp them up, it should sound great with your set up.

Just a Tegiwa M and an un silenced B-pipe and you have that power increase? Thats awesome.

Thats peak power, so i'd assume there are bigger gains across the range too?

Your car is probably not even that loud then?

yep they are the only mods :) although it did pull higher than others! could be down to the head being skimmed in its earlier life? It didn't come with any history apart from the stamps so I have no way of knowing :)

no it's not too loud really... can be when you want it to thought :D but on motorway it's not too bad! I might stick a silenced pipe in though as I'm getting abit tired of the raspy sound

just a quick update :)

just dropped my car off to get new clutch fitted, new fuel filter, & valve clearances checked. and got this lovely thing to drive while its being done :lol:

IMG_1514.JPG

and when I got in, there was a couple of packages waiting for me :D

IMG_1515.JPG

Eibach Pro's and SPC camber arm & bolts, cant wait to get these fitted and FRSU done!!

another quick update!! :)

decided to give my valve cover a paint this weekend, as it was looking rather tatty!!

Followed this guide

heres before...
IMG_1539.JPG

looking rather dull
IMG_1540.JPG

Put some rags in all the holes, and got the Nitro Mors out!
IMG_1541.JPG

After preparing and cleaning, I masked up and used VHT Black Wrinkle paint. I didnt have any other way to heat up the paint... so decided to turn my oven on, and leave it resting on the oven door... turning every 3 minutes for about half and hour.
IMG_1547.JPG

had a little over spill in places, but nothing noticeable as the washers will be there :) thought it was looking rather gray at this point! but luckily it darkened when it cooled

Close up of wrinkles...
IMG_1546.JPG

And back in the bay with my new black washers and nuts :)
IMG_1552.JPG

IMG_1554.JPG

IMG_1555.JPG

Was thinking about getting a carbon fibre spark plug cover, but I think the standard one ties in well with the intake manifold (once i give it a good scrub!)

Back