• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bowman's EP3

Had my wheels refurbed this weekend... both my rear tyres were getting close to the limit, impressed with the Eagle F1 GSD3's so bought a couple more.
But when we take my wheels off we notice the inside wall was torn 95% the way round :eek: it was only 6 months old and covered 5000 miles, so took it back to get sent off to Goodyear for a refund hopefully!
So had to buy another, but luckily had one left 20 minutes away

decided to go for dark anthracite as Ive noticed another Milano EP3 in town with black wheels :D

IMG_1558.JPG

IMG_1559.JPG

IMG_1560.JPG

IMG_1561.JPG

Really pleased with the result! Got some more red H's off ebay to stick on when they arrive :)

Cars had a fair bit of work done over the last few days :)

Dropped it off with Jurgen at JM Imports in Newcastle on Wednesday night for Eibach Pro's, SPC Camber arms and bolts, SuperPro Bush Kit (inc caster increase kit) and a FRSU. Car feels amazing now! everythings feels nice and tight, and alot more stable in the corners. The FRSU isnt as aggressive as I'd of hoped though, so going to pop back up to get it sorted :)

Heres a few pics of the new setup:

IMG_1610.JPG

IMG_1612.JPG

IMG_1615.JPG

And over the weekend Ive sprayed the dash and door handles to match the wheels :)

IMG_1617.JPG

IMG_1618.JPG

IMG_1619.JPG

I wasnt going to spray the window switches aswell as would lose the "AUTO" and window symbol... but after putting it all back in, it looks abit daft :lol: so a job for next weekend! :)

Also fitted ES rear engine mount insert today, going to give it a go for a few weeks before fitting the front

Last edited by a moderator:
well, its been a while since Ive done an update... so heres come a few :D

about 6-8 weeks ago, Im on my way home and started getting some horrible vibrations through my steering wheel!! so I slow down, pull over into a lay by, and as I put my foot on the brake the vibrations become ridiculous shuddering my whole car!! So I got out and had a look at my fronts, and 1/2 of my front left disc brake is glowing bright red :eek:

and upon a closer inspection this is what I see:

IMG_1816.jpg

turns out my caliper had seized, causing my brakes to bind, and warping the disc :(

So, ordered a refurbed caliper, Stoptech Grooved Discs, Stoptech pads, Stoptech Braided Lines, and some Motul RBF 600 brake fluid

IMG_1806.JPG

IMG_1807.JPG

IMG_1814.JPG

The difference is night and day!! I didnt think braided lines would make this much difference, but brake pedal is 10x firmer than it was! The Stoptech pads are really good too! I can't comment on their performance as I'm yet to properly test them out on track etc, but cold bite is excellent and they don't give off too much dust! Id definitely recommend them for road use

Next up was a trip across the Pennines down to Eightspeed for an M Factory Helical LSD, baffled sump, and a couple of other bits and bobs.
I turned up at 9am this morning, and they cracked on straight away!!

Box out...

IMG_1991.JPG

All dismantled ready for new LSD :D

IMG_1992.JPG

And all back together again

IMG_1993.JPG

Once that was back in we turned to the sump... heres a shot of the bottom end with the sump removed

IMG_1994.JPG

And the new clockwise baffled sump in place, ready to install

IMG_1995.JPG

While sub frame was off and gearbox was out we put my front engine mount and gearbox mount inserts in. Didnt get one of the front, but heres a quick photo of the gearbox mount. Stevie chopped about 5-6mm off them to make them sit flush, as apparently he's had a few vibrate their way out! Lots of vibrations now... and i love it, because race car!
IMG_1996.JPG

We went out for a test drive, and Stevie said it was pulling really well. I could tell just from being on the passenger seat what a difference the LSD was making in the corners!!! but now it was my turn :twisted: I can honestly say Ive never been sooo scared to keep my foot planted when going round a corner :lol: but needless to say the LSD works perfectly, and pulls you round corners like its on rails!! I just needed to grow a pair of balls and fully commit to it :p
I am so pleased I got this fitted, its like Ive fell in love with the car again :D its given me 100x more confidence in corners

Oh and also got some new rubber for our trip to Spa/Nurburg at the end of March :D

IMG_1843.JPG

Will be getting them fitted in a couple of weeks :D

I'd just like to say a massive thank you to Stevie & Warren @ Eightspeed for their work!! they were amazing to watch, and I recon they could of done it all blind folded! :lol: really nice set of lads, had a proper laugh with them all day, and even treated me to a sausage and egg sarnie for breakfast :p they also didnt mind me getting in the way every 2 minutes to have a nosey at what they were doing :lol: cant recommend them enough! will definitely be using them again in future

This sounds and looks like a fantastic car.

When I get another one think I might have to get an LSD, it sounds like it makes the car so much more fun. :lol:

Caliper looks toasted!
icon_lol.gif

Great update!
icon_biggrin.gif

haha thanks mate! yeh it was ridiculously hot! had to stop every few of miles to let them cool down! on a 20 mile trip, it wasn't fun!

i did have fun popping those bubbles though :lol:

Shamus, it indeed has made the car loads more fun!! I was forever understeering when too much throttle was applied during corners, and I didnt have much confidence attacking corners... now it feels more like 4WD than FWD!! unbelievable! :D

cant recommend one enough, Im getting the same feeling like when I first bought it :lol:

To be honest I think I bottled it before the car did when I had mine, but if I had one of these I would have a bit more faith in the car. My mate used to throw his round like it was on rails without one so I don't know what he would be like with one fitted, :)

I'm sold anyway lol. You going JAE this year? Would like to have a nosy round your car,:lol:

Yeh ill probably be going mate :) will confirm nearer the time though, got a few expensive do's this year, but cant see why not :D

couple of things to update... had the AD08's fitted a couple of weeks ago, getting them nicely scrubbed in for Spa next weekend :D what an amazing tyre!! well not so much in our current weather :lol: but fantastic in the dry!

In preparation for next weekend Ive got a J's Racing oil cap due to a horror story of the OEM one snapping :lol:

IMG_2012.JPG

and for the last few days, Ive been sat pressing refresh on TNT's tracking service, awaiting for my new precious Fujitsubo RM01A to arrive :D

couple of shots of my old custom 2" unsilenced pipe:
IMG_2173.JPG

IMG_2174.JPG

off with the old, and on with the new :D

IMG_2177.JPG

IMG_2178.JPG

IMG_2181.JPG

IMG_2182.JPG

IMG_2179.JPG

IMG_2180.JPG

really wish I got a shot of them side by side now :lol: but what an amazing piece of kit this is.. the quality and welds are 2nd to none! I was getting really sick of the raspy sound my unsilenced b-pipe & OEM backbox was making... and this system is certainly a treat for the ears :D the sound it produces is perfect for me, not too loud, but has plenty of grunt when you want it :)

Many many thanks to Karl for the help in importing it :D will be going out with the GoPro tomorrow to get a few videos, will get them posted up :)

thanks guys

it really is a great looking piece of kit... just a shame the rest of the underside of my car doesn't match :lol: think an underseal is due!

went out earlier to record some footage of the new exhaust :D

[video=youtube;mHqlZ40DtUE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHqlZ40DtUE[/video]

love the sound this system makes!!

mounted the mic at the bottom of the boot, so think ill test it out again tomorrow with it mounted closer to the exhaust

Back