• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

BP Ultimate > Shell Optimax > Esso Supreme

Welsh-Rich said:
Noticed a few Shell garages around my way have their Optimax pumps locked up and out of use :?

Not sure if it was anything to do with the panic buying last week, but it's bit of a struggle to find some now.

Perhaps they're not supplying it to some garages now in preperation for the change over?

Tell me about it. My local Shell garage hasn't had optimax for a good few days now so I have to buy from a Shell garage I pass on the way to work where optimax is 101.9p a litre! It's 97.9p in my local.

Only one pump out of six had Optimax at my local Shell garage today. Mind you I arrived at the right time as thay were changing the price from 99.9p to 96.9 per litre. :smt045

Welsh-Rich said:
Perhaps they're not supplying it to some garages now in preperation for the change over?

Sadly not, Shell currently have no plans to replace Optimax with V-Power in the immediate future. It will happen at some point in the future but it won't be this year. Optimax stock-outs on sites to probably due to the so called fuel crisis, Optimax is not delivered to site with a standard fuel delivery (unleaded & diesel) unless that site it supplied by the Shell Stanlow refinery.

DPM9876 said:
Welsh-Rich said:

Sadly not, Shell currently have no plans to replace Optimax with V-Power in the immediate future. It will happen at some point in the future but it won't be this year. Optimax stock-outs on sites to probably due to the so called fuel crisis, Optimax is not delivered to site with a standard fuel delivery (unleaded & diesel) unless that site it supplied by the Shell Stanlow refinery.

Nice one.....settles that little brain teaser then. Better pull their socks up :lol:

Back