• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Brake disc help

Hi guys,
First post so go easy :lol: My discs are in need of changing and i am really undecided about what ones to get. I no that the oem discs are rated very highly but am after new discs to look better behind the wheels. I have been looking at the stoptech and tarox discs which i believe are just a straight swap, please correct me if im wrong! Does anyone have either of these? If so what do you think of them and would be great if you could show me some pics of them on your car as like i said am looking for some that look better behind the wheels.
Help much appreciated!

Thanks useful to no. Car isnt going to be tracked sorry should of said, so hopefully they would hold up ok. Like i said not really looking for much in way of performance gains just really looks.

alot of money to spend just for looks.

I would go for ferodo ds2500 pads, standard discs & braided hoses. Alot onm here use this set up & say its very good.

Yeah i have heard that these pads are good but are they prone to giving off a lot of brake dust?? Bit of a nightmare with white wheels lol! I hear that EBC do pads which dont give off a lot of brake dust, do you no if they are any good?
Cheers

Think im going to get the stoptech grooved discs, not to dear and look better than standard! Has anyone got any pictures of these fitted to their car as all i can seem to find is just ones of the disc itself.

Yeah i have heard that these pads are good but are they prone to giving off a lot of brake dust?? Bit of a nightmare with white wheels lol!
Cheers

Think im going to get the stoptech grooved discs, not to dear and look better than standard! Has anyone got any pictures of these fitted to their car as all i can seem to find is just ones of the disc itself.

Good luck with the dust...

Pick on a 4 stud Honda Fit/Jazz wheel on a thread showing conversion to Type R brakes on said Fit/Jazz. Personally look nothing much different to stock with the spokes in the way...

picture.php

hi ive got ultimax groved disks all round and yellow stuff pads with goodridge hoses and the tegiwa brake stopper shopped about and got the lot under five ton. there is a pic in members cars under my ctr,alot of people slate ebc stuff on here but i had the oem disks and ds pads before and this set up is alot better and looks spot on i think im getting no brake dust ethier.

Good luck with the dust...

Pick on a 4 stud Honda Fit/Jazz wheel on a thread showing conversion to Type R brakes on said Fit/Jazz. Personally look nothing much different to stock with the spokes in the way...

picture.php
Thanks for pic, you should see more of the disc on the honda wheels due to spokes not being solid. When you said good luck with dust you hadnt copied my whole post as i said that i had heard the ferodo pads give off alot of brake dust and was looking at the ebc ones which dont and wondered if anyone new whether they were any good?

hi ive got ultimax groved disks all round and yellow stuff pads with goodridge hoses and the tegiwa brake stopper shopped about and got the lot under five ton. there is a pic in members cars under my ctr,alot of people slate ebc stuff on here but i had the oem disks and ds pads before and this set up is alot better and looks spot on i think im getting no brake dust ethier.
Thanks mate will have a look about! Look really good on your car. Quick question do you get any noises or vibrations under braking?

Why dont you go for the AEM big brake conversion? That will look nice.

Thanks mate will have a look about! Look really good on your car. Quick question do you get any noises or vibrations under braking?

know nothing mate. the only problem i have with the yellow stuff pad being a track pad you have to get heat in them otherwise its all or nothing,with the ferodos i had before they squealed like a pig and even more in the wet hated pulling up to a Holt. the big brake kit are obviously the best but do you have 1k+ to play with if so get them.

know nothing mate. the only problem i have with the yellow stuff pad being a track pad you have to get heat in them otherwise its all or nothing,with the ferodos i had before they squealed like a pig and even more in the wet hated pulling up to a Holt. the big brake kit are obviously the best but do you have 1k+ to play with if so get them.
Thanks mate been really helpful! Yeah no not really got 1k to hand lol! Was looking at the ebc red stuff pads which would probably suit me better and either the discs that you have or the stoptech ones. Still to decide on those yet.

Thanks for pic, you should see more of the disc on the honda wheels due to spokes not being solid. When you said good luck with dust you hadnt copied my whole post as i said that i had heard the ferodo pads give off alot of brake dust and was looking at the ebc ones which dont and wondered if anyone new whether they were any good?

True, the point was that if you are bothered about dust but looking a groved discs, you are going to get more dust to be honest...

Low dust pads for you then!

Fitting will be next Saturday now. My expert is in bed poorly. ;(

I went for Ferodo DS2500 pads. Been using them for six years and apart from one set crumbling early on me, they have been very good.

Really interested to know how you rate these Stoptech dics.
My 2nd set of brakes in 30k went on Saturday. Honda OEM brakes are complete and utter tripe. I was on the bahn headed home from England, and they gave up after a couple of hours use. And it wasnt particularly heavy braking!

I need a set of discs that have a higher temp threshold than OEM. At 200+ kph and realising your brakes are shot is an interesting sensation.

Maybe a stupid Q, but not many places have FN2 discs, are they exactly the same as the EP3?

Fitted the discs but my calipers are dead (intermittent sticky pistons) so I'm awaiting replacements to go with new HEL flexi-hoses and Castrol fluid. Car is technically off the road apart from local driving so I'm only priming the discs with the old pads.

I think the FN2 discs are slightly smaller. I think the Brembo site has measurements - I'm sure I read it there.

Back