• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Brake Pads

I had a look at the brake pads at the back and i can see clear pads there, but on the front - i cannot see a thing - i imagine my pads have worn through and my braking is coming from the rear. So anyway, i think it's prudent to change my brake pads, presumably they're about £95 for the pair from honda, but is it worth getting them to fit it ?

I popped into a Alan Day Honda today and picked up a price list. Front Brake Pads £85. I wonder whether that is including fitting, if so that seems reasonable. If not, then the pads are over priced, in fact near double of £45 mentioned above!

Thanks for confirming, you can probably quickly realise mechanics isn't my forte!

:0) I just checked the pads, on the front i cannot see any visible pad bit like i can see on the wear, there is a pad visible but i just can't see how much wear is on it, the brakes don't make a metal screeling sound, but i really shouldn't be using that as the basis of my analysis!! (so far i have been

I popped into a Alan Day Honda today and picked up a price list. Front Brake Pads £85. I wonder whether that is including fitting, if so that seems reasonable. If not, then the pads are over priced, in fact near double of £45 mentioned above!

That'll be fitted, i was quoted £90 fitted.

i fitted feredo they cost £40 local corner car shop must say these loads better than the std honda ones as the wheels always seem clean from the brake dust unlike the std honda ones these took 10 miles to black the wheels

Thanks, just booked in with Honda Weybridge for new pads, £85 all-in. 40 min job, fairly reasonable - it'd take me hours. Plus, i'm not overly fussed over brake performance, as long as they work and don't destroy my disks i'm easily pleased.

Thanks, just booked in with Honda Weybridge for new pads, £85 all-in. 40 min job, fairly reasonable - it'd take me hours. Plus, i'm not overly fussed over brake performance, as long as they work and don't destroy my disks i'm easily pleased.

The OE Honda pads are actually more than good enough for 'normal' road use. Last a long time aswell.

they've lasted me 2.5 years, so i don't know whether that is good or bad, i guess good ?

that said, they told me if they're not actually in need of replacing they wont' do it - i thought that was very honest of them, and was a bit surprised. I think they told me they were 60% worn and need replacing in 3 months, urm, 8 months ago :s I don't do a lot of heavy braking - i use the gears to bring the car down to speed and don't drive up people's arses

Got my pads done at Honda, £85 including VAT, they were 85% worn! so my instincts were right. Thanks for the help and advice on something that is as trivial as brake pads!!! :)

Lewis

:p

nice price but what if you bought ur own pads from Bazza, How much would Honda charge to fit them, that is the question!?

What pads would they be Mills? Had a gander at Vtec Direct myself few days ago, all out of my league pricewise

:p

Get some Bspecs bought. Then get a mate to help fit them :p
I have to put money in the house now so they'll have to wait a bit.

Back