• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Brake upgrade options Ep3

Hi Guys
im looking for a brake upgrade for my Ep3, I don't want to spend mental money.
i know a lot of people run dc5 brembos are there any other bolt on options?

Brembos are the way to go.

Look at EP3_Pete's thread for the EP3 that he has just sold. He had the Stoptech Touring kit on it. Slightly more expensive but a proper kit with a new caliper, disc and pad combination.

You would still need spacers for either option though.

Brembo discs and pads are normally OEM equivalents and therefore offer no performance upgrade.

You could just change discs, pads, lines and fluid, will work out cheaper than BBK's and over an increase in performance and feel.

If you are after changing the calipers either two that have already been mentioned will be fine.

You could just change discs, pads, lines and fluid, will work out cheaper than BBK's and over an increase in performance and feel.

If you are after changing the calipers either two that have already been mentioned will be fine.
I've done both options to both of my EP3's one is for track and the other is for road and as said, either are an improvement over standard.

Cheers guys it's gave me some food for thought ideally I'm wanting to go for bigger discs as I'm planning on tracking the car and she's running 300bhp

I have the touring kit running 260 bhp and its more then enough so stop the car multiple times on track.

Failing that OEM discs with pbs pads. Some decent fluid and lines.

Take inspiration from the cup lads, I always find it the best way !!!

Personally if I was running 300bhp supercharged I would go for a BBK to be sure lol, the stoptechs are highly rated, they also do a 'touring kit' (mini 4 pots) which are slightly smaller than the usual BBK and a little cheaper but still give really good performance.

I had Spoon Monoblocks, with Brembo discs, Ferrodo Pads and Goodridge Braided hoses. That combination stopped 460bhp and 310ftlb, without issue, and without needing spacers.

I also had a D2 330mm Big Brake Kit. Do not buy this. Its chod.

Can anyone tell me are the 4 pot brembos that are on the dc5 the exact same as the ones brembo themselves sell for a ep3 upgrade ? Also anyone know a place that would sell the bigger brembo floating discs at a good price ?

Can anyone tell me are the 4 pot brembos that are on the dc5 the exact same as the ones brembo themselves sell for a ep3 upgrade ? Also anyone know a place that would sell the bigger brembo floating discs at a good price ?

Their different I believe, I think the BBK ones are radial mounted not lug mounted.

Regarding discs, you could try TGM. Or you could try AP Racing, Hi Spec, and even MTEC are now offering 2-piece floating discs.

Their different I believe, I think the BBK ones are radial mounted not lug mounted.

Regarding discs, you could try TGM. Or you could try AP Racing, Hi Spec, and even MTEC are now offering 2-piece floating discs.

Thanks a million , would anyone happen to have a part numbers for them brembo calipers just sussing out discs a few have asked for part numbers for them to see which disc fits...Thanks

No idea mate, I don't think many people buy them tbh, most people go with the Stoptech kits, which the calipers are ST40, or you could try getting hold of some AP CP5200 calipers, but their rare.

Back