• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Brembo GT big brake kit for EP3 (NOT DC5 Brembo)

For that amount of money you could get the daddy of all braking systems the AP Racing set up!! :wink:

moNoKnoT said:
I thought Spoon done 4 pots for the front and smaller ones for the back :oops:

- Kevin.

When you get a set of Spoon Callipers you get a pair for the fronts only, its not really worth swapping the rears out as they do such little braking compared to the fronts :)

For proof of this just check out how much brake dust is on your front wheels after a good workout compared to the rears. My rears never get any brake dust on them, the rear callipers are tiny.

The rear ones you've seen that you thought were spoons were probably the standard ones painted blue to match. :p

As Julian says it's the fronts that do the work, they are the set that needs uprating.

Check out the size of the rear brakes on BTCC cars, they aren't much bigger than the rear brakes on the CTR! The fronts by comparison are flipping huge. I spoke to a bloke at Oulton Park a few years back(worked for Peugeot when they ran in BTCC), he said they ran 80/20 bias on thier race cars due to the weight (FWD = nose heavy).

Moral of the story..... Group buy on Spoon 4pots?

Back