• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Brilliant Double din Headunit

ive been after a double din headunit for some time now :eek:

ive seen this nice new model from pioneer for about £1300 the Pioneer AVIC-F10BT double din Sat Nav multimedia system
http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/25/111/241/AVIC-F10BT/index.html

some of the main features i liked and hope could get some feedback/advice on are:
good sat nav with up to date speed cameras
movie/music video playback via usb stick (avi and mp4 only i think)
3 x 4volt pre outs, front, rear and sub
full bluetooth for phone control and music streaming
voice control
customizable colours and home screen icons and image

thanks mate but i think i have got my heart set on this one :)

only thing im worried about is that its fairly new so hope their are not any bugs or issues with them so far :confused:

The model you mention (coincidently the one I too have my eye on) is a fourth generation nav/ multimedia unit from Pioneer, so all the bugs would have been rectified long ago ;) not to mention that Pioneer make the best headunits (IMO) :)

dude did you buy that head unit in the end??
ive seen it on sale for £1060 :eek:
is this just a after xmas sale or do you think its likely the price will drop anyway :confused:

You must be crackers wanting to buy a HU for that much...!

It makes it more likely to get stolen too?

That is Kpro, nice single DIN and Tom tom money.

I'd be expecting that unit to have everything for the price, including bluetooth, DAB radio and bluray compatible.

No I didn't get it in the end as spent my money on oher bits for the car, but am still salivating over it. Price wise I haven't seen it any cheaper but authorised Pioneer dealers are giving away free 32gb iPod touches with every purchase.
My only gripe is that the pre-outs aren't as good and the on-board equaliser is only 5 band whereas mine is 13. So if I were to get this I'd have to spend a few more hundred pounds on a decent equaliser to match up with it. :?
Oh and Nick, no Bluray compatibilty, although that would be awesome!!! *drools* In time I'm sure :D

mate i just literally bought it this morning, got a really good deal and yeah with a free ipod touch 32gb! im fitting it as we speak :lol:
I will let you know how it goes :)
so many wires :eek:

i need some help lol i havnt a clue were the speed sence wire on the ctr is?? :eek:
handbrake cable should be pretty simple to locate and it needs a wire for the reverse gear by tapping into the reverse light bulb wire, will i need to route it to the boot or can i tap into it some were at the dash?

So how did the fitting go mate? Manage to work your way through all the wires? ;) hehe
And if you don't mind me asking, what price did you get it for and where from?

just finished fitting it :lol:
its awesome in every way compared to the alpine i had :D still need to play around with it a bit more but so far everything is working and the sound is brilliant!!
got it for a grand from caraudiosecurity, pretty good deal :D

£300 cheaper and with the free iPod?! Niiiice... Pity I'm having car troubles otherwise I'd be straight on the phone to them I reckon! Make sure you post a few pictures of it up and running for me :D

yea i will do mate :D

overall I am blown away with this head unit and its features, I have never had one like it in the past so not got much to compare to but many of my friends do and after reading lots of reviews on it im glad i got this one :D

only annoying thing... when the doors are open and the footwell neon lights are on i get a little electrical interference through the speakers for some reason :confused:

That would probably be an earthing problem somewhere, I'm guessing the neons as apposed to the headunit as you've only just installed the H.U. but it could be a lose negative wire anywhere :?

my previous Alpine head unit had no interference at all with the neons though, so im not sure if its the head unit or the neons :confused:

the pioneer was a straight plug and play using the same existing connector and adaptor as the alpine. However the neons are wired to the interior light + positve wire under the drivers side panel, cant remember exactly were i wired the - earth wire though, so it could be that? also the transformer block for the neons is placed right at the bottom of the dash, sort of under the head unit, could that be causing interference? any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh I'd opt for interference from the neon unit by the headunit, so I'd pull it out and move it further away from the H.U. and that should solve your problem :)

Back