• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Broken window and claim.

Gentlemen.

Quick brief. Someone broke the rear quarter glass of my car back in July. I was upset but called A-Plan who sorted out National Windscreens to come out and replace it.

National Windscreens had to order the glass in as Honda EP3 glass is tinted green and the Pilkington item is grey with a slightly different border. No problem. I waited another day for the OEM item.

Glass fitter came around and did the job and I paid him the glass excess. Now, I have just had a letter today from National Windscreens saying that Marker Study do not pick up the invoice for this work for some reason that came into force at the start of July 2008. I need to pay another £105 pounds to National Windscreens for the work carried out.

What do I pay my glass excess for then Marker Study?! Just the windscreen and any other glass is tough luck? :mad: :evil:

What are your guys interpretation of glass breakage excess? Just the windscreen?

I'm going to call A-Plan to find out the crack on this policy change tomorrow morning. Your thoughts would be much welcome.

Raj, windscreen cover is exactly that fella.

Check the policy smallprint but I am sure windscreen cover does not stretch to all glazing on the car.

My flaming underpants... insurance companies are tight.

I've got a big cup of hot Indian tea into me and chilled out to this. I'll make some 'phone calls tomorrow to National Windscreens.

Thank you for your replies Scouse' and Neily. Much appreciated. ;)

Markerstudy picked up the tab for the side window on my DC5, but that was before July 08.

Frankly that's a bit fecking tight though. I'd be checking my small print carefully, and getting rather irate if a polite *ahem* in A-plan's direction didn't work.

This is bad. And a prime example of a smaller insurance company. All glass claims should only be £50-£70 and not affect NCB. For A-plan to try and charge more is not on....unless its says so in small print.

Sorry to hear about your troubles Raj :mad:

After all the trouble and hassle i've had from my claim- i will never be dealing with Marker Study again!!

A-Plan on the other hand- well, i will have to think about that......

Hope you get yourself sorted real soon.

Gary

Personally I always thought windscreen excess as just that.............

Look at your policy and see what it says.

Then ring Insurance and ask why they arranged it if it wasn't covered ??

Called A-Plan today who requested a fax of the invoice sent to me from National Windscreens. Again, A-Plan are friendly and helpful on the 'phone but I think it is Marker Study who let them down.

I did ask if the glass part of the policy covers all glass on the vehicle and got told 'yes'. The claims department fella was equally puzzled as to why I have been invoiced for the remainder of the bill minus the excess already paid. I have used the insurance broker approved fitting company too. However, he was confident in getting things sorted so I left him to it for the day. Hopefully I will get an answer soon and keep you guys posted.

Called A-Plan today who requested a fax of the invoice sent to me from National Windscreens. Again, A-Plan are friendly and helpful on the 'phone but I think it is Marker Study who let them down.

I did ask if the glass part of the policy covers all glass on the vehicle and got told 'yes'. The claims department fella was equally puzzled as to why I have been invoiced for the remainder of the bill minus the excess already paid. I have used the insurance broker approved fitting company too. However, he was confident in getting things sorted so I left him to it for the day. Hopefully I will get an answer soon and keep you guys posted.

Sounds better than a kick in the chuffs Raj, hope it develops into a happy conclusion.

I have to say from personal experience that it seems like its Marker Study who are being a pain.

However, A-Plan seems to be good and on the case :smt023

I've just found out that i will get reimbursed for the bill i paid to honda to fix my ICV problem.

Gary

Update.

I had another letter from the glass company over what is now an unpaid invoice last week.

A-Plan called me at work to see if my policy needed renewing but I set the good man into looking why Marker Study had not approved the claim. After reading extensive note, it seems that it has taken the underwriters three weeks to ponder over paying the remainder of the invoice. They should have sent a cheque to National Windscreens last week but it has not been approved [signed] yet. :rolleyes:

So I left them to it. And taken my business elsewhere too...

Understandable Raj, if a claim was needed for a more serious incedent then who knows how much of a clusterf*ck you would have on your hands? :evil:

Not good at all Raj :(

I have two policies with A-Plan, this is not good news and I will have to act accordingly come renewal time.

Update.

I had another letter from the glass company over what is now an unpaid invoice last week.

A-Plan called me at work to see if my policy needed renewing but I set the good man into looking why Marker Study had not approved the claim. After reading extensive note, it seems that it has taken the underwriters three weeks to ponder over paying the remainder of the invoice. They should have sent a cheque to National Windscreens last week but it has not been approved [signed] yet. :rolleyes:

hmmmmmmmmmmm that rings a bell :rolleyes: :evil:

So I left them to it. And taken my business elsewhere too...

Exactly what i've done!!

Understandable Raj, if a claim was needed for a more serious incedent then who knows how much of a clusterf*ck you would have on your hands? :evil:

Have you not seen my thread Carl?!???! They originally agreed to reimburse me when i took my car to honda to get the ICV cleaned. got a call from A-Plan saying that i will get a cheque in the post the end of the week. 2 weeks later, still no sign of cheque so i called A-Plan and when they asked Marker Study, they basically turned around and said they believe it wasnt connected with the accident so declined my reimbursement claim despite telling me they will !!!!!

I'm well fcuked off with Marker Study and A-Plan and i would rather pay extra now than go with either one of them !!

Hope you have more luck then me Raj.

Gary

Indeed. The thing is that upon my accident back in 2005, A-Plan sorted everything. I did not have to lift a finger. The garage replaced many parts on a precautionary role and all bits were authorised. Is Marker Study clamping down during these economic times?

I have two policies with A-Plan, this is not good news and I will have to act accordingly come renewal time.

Sam, I'm sure you know this and despite it being a complete hassle, I strongly recommend that you call every decent broker for a price. The difference of £100 can be made and I certainly do not earn that amount in an hour to waste away. However, I have found that a car policy can be better value with one broker but a house policy will not be. Again, all due to underwriters costs.

Gary. YHPM. :)

sorry to hear about your specific problems here old boy.

and i wasn't aware old gazza was with aplan also and i have read about the issues he had.

never had an aplan policy and i wont bother ringing them up in future either.

cheers.

Back