• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Buddy Club Spec IV

NYA

Thinking of getting the above, are they any good, and any fitting issues i should know about. Will be getting help fitting but it would be nice to know of any problems before shooting ahead :?: :?:

BC Spec IV is 'THE' exhaust of the moment.....everyones getting one 8)

I have one myself and love it!!

Couple of pointers :-

The exhaust sits quite a bit lower so take it easy over speed bumps. I have never caught it but if you have lowered it could be an issue

Springs!! while on the ramps squirt some silicon under the two springs towards the tailpipe to stop any vibrations. TDi put some wire wraps around mine as they were driving me crazy

all in all, an excellent system. It is quiet for day to day driving and sounds great when giving it some. If you want it to sound MENTAL tho you need a manifold :D

Thought about one of these for the Teg.
Prices aren't to stupid either :D
I was just a bit worried about sound levels though :?

I had one on my DC5 for a short time. Agree what's been said above re it hanging low and the spring joints are not all that robust. It's a very lightweight system with nice looking welds etc, tailpipe also looks good imho but that's down to personal preference.

I ran it for a while with OEM manifold and thought the noise level was just right - slightly more burble at low revs and a bit louder than OEM in VTEC, but all reasonably civilised. I then fitted a Spoon mani / de-cat, found it too loud and very quickly swapped the whole lot for a Toda setup which is much quieter.

It all depends how much noise you want and whether you're planning to change the manifold.

I've got no plans to change my manifold.
Not sure now you say that the spring joints aren't very robust, do you think that this would cause problems in the future? as i only want to buy an exhaust once.

Dazza said:
Not sure now you say that the spring joints aren't very robust, do you think that this would cause problems in the future? as i only want to buy an exhaust once.

Had these on my BC Spec III, the springs rusted off.... but by that time the centre section and back box had pretty much welded to each other. They were a bastard to seperate.

CTR_Paul said:
Dazza said:

Had these on my BC Spec III, the springs rusted off.... but by that time the centre section and back box had pretty much welded to each other. They were a barsteward to seperate.

So not too much of a problem then?

The springs wont be a problem at all mate, nothing to worry about

I have one as well. Love it. As far as I am aware the quality if the Spec III and IV seem very different. At least the ones I have seen are. The Spec IV is super light. It does make a slight hiss from the joints, untill they warm up and expand as it is a proper push fit system.

As for hanging low...yep as some know already I drove over half a house brick one day which crushed a section like a coke can. I id get it repaired however, and when it was put on they smeared silicone sealent around the joint. that stopped all the ratles and hissing.

I am running it with the Jackson header and it does sound super good. As I drive a long commute i do not want it too loud. However when pushing hard it does sound cool.

Back