• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Budget HU

Danger200

Alright peeps

Basically my little sister (FO with the pics request because it will never happen) has just passed her driving test and has bought her first car.

Well I want to get her a HU to play the amp and sub I have donated to her. BUT I want the HU to have Bluetooth so she is able to talk hands free, could anyone recommend one?
I've seen a few Sony ones on the Halfrauds website but I think the Bluetooth is just for streaming music and unsure if you need a separate mic to speak into?

Cheers

My gf has got a sony mate she is selling. Iirc its a BT3600 version. I am not back home till Monday, so can you more details then. The mic is basially built into the head unit. Reason for sale: her new car already has bluetooth built in.

My gf has got a sony mate she is selling. Iirc its a BT3600 version. I am not back home till Monday, so can you more details then. The mic is basially built into the head unit. Reason for sale: her new car already has bluetooth built in.

if they have bluetooth they normally have a built in mic

Mart if you can stretch budget wise to the Alpine for sale with the BT module in the for sale section mate. Get it bought. It's fantastic & have the BT module in the truck. It's badass!

Ideally i don't want to spend over a ton Monk as that would be worth more than the car lol. Plus I need it this weekend as she bought the car today.
Cheers though lads.

Mart I might have a proper old Skool Sony CD player kicking abut with preouts on it man. I'm talking '98 spec, but might do until you get something better? Let me know. You can have it for packed of malteasers.

My Sony BT5100 unit has Bluetooth, it works for both music streaming and voice calls (it has an internal mic). It works pretty well, though generally people can't hear me if I'm doing motorway speeds, but that's largely down to my car being a bit of tin with a noisy exhaust on...

Mart I might have a proper old Skool Sony CD player kicking abut with preouts on it man. I'm talking '98 spec, but might do until you get something better? Let me know. You can have it for packed of malteasers.

:lol: I wouldn't do that to you, it would go straight on to your thighs. Cheers for the offer bud, but I want one with the Bluetooth ASAP because I know she will be a tard and use her phone at some point.

My Sony BT5100 unit has Bluetooth, it works for both music streaming and voice calls (it has an internal mic). It works pretty well, though generally people can't hear me if I'm doing motorway speeds, but that's largely down to my car being a bit of tin with a noisy exhaust on...

Cheers Chris, I will just look for one with BT then. And she has bought an old Polo but she wont be fitting a noisy exhaust so it should keep me/her happy :lol:

If you can wait till middle of next week mate, then I can arrange for my gf's old head unit to be sold. Certaintly be less than a ton depending how much the BT3600 is selling new??

Back