• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

bulbs

Danger200

hi again people

just a quick question really, has anyone fitted the blue LED sidelight bulbs to a CTR and are they illegal? i think they look quite good for dusk time cruising and fancied a pair.

also my front indicator bulbs are slowly losing their colour and i can see cracks in the orange when i unlock the car, im after the silver or blue looking bulbs so the orange dont stand out so much, this will be the same for the side indicators.

thanks

I'm fairly sure blue led sidelights are illegal and in my opinion makes the car look chavvy. You're better off getting white LEDs.

For indicators have a look at halfords for the silvertec range.

They are good, very close match to the Hids4u HID kits. I had them on mine, i have a pic,
DSC05582.jpg

Here's what white LED sidelights look like with PIAA Extreme White Plus bulbs:

P1010586.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
they look pretty good actually (on both your cars), only problem is that i have a preface lift, do they do them for the 52 plate do you know?
were they expensive?

Aye, the sidelights will be the same wedge style bulb fitting on both types of EP3.

Best idea though is to get one out of yours and have a look. :)

The small wedge bulbs are commonly known as 501, T10, W5W, 192 and W501 depending on which country you buy them from.

No, they are still Halogen bulbs. Just expensive Japanese ones :)

I'll say, was researching these yesterday - £105 if I want to get the beam and the sidelights :eek: Sorely tempted, going to have to shop around to see what I can save ;)

I'll say, was researching these yesterday - £105 if I want to get the beam and the sidelights :eek: Sorely tempted, going to have to shop around to see what I can save ;)

I wouldn't worry too much about the side lights, you can get decent non-PIAA LED ones off eBay for about a fiver.

Last edited by a moderator:
£4 ebay jobbies, they look a bit better at night but not much brighter. Can't complain for £4 and free delivery...

I fitted some of these yesterday along with some silver indicator bulbs. They look good but they make the main headlight bulbs look very yellow now so need to replace them with some xenons. Seen some osram knightbreakers on fleabay for 14.99 are they any good.

I fitted some of these yesterday along with some silver indicator bulbs. They look good but they make the main headlight bulbs look very yellow now so need to replace them with some xenons. Seen some osram knightbreakers on fleabay for 14.99 are they any good.

Can't help there I'm afraid, my main headlights are pretty white even with the LED sidelights in - previous owner may have put decent ones in.

Back