• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

bumped my car.. questions.

Hey Everyone..

A couple of weeks ago I bumped my car and had to claim off the insurance as the damage was too great to go private.

KGM/Greenlight Insurance helped me through the process really nicely - I only had to speak to them once and a bodyshop was organised and contacted within three hours. My cheeks were still damp from all the crying I had done. A courtesy Ford Ka was sorted and my CTR went in.

Now that my baby is back, I would like to ask for some advice - I apologise for coming across as daft but I genuinely don't know the answers.

Since my car has been accident repaired will this show up on any car checks that prospective buyers would undertake?

The front of the car was replaced for new OEM parts - bumper, headlights, fog-lights, bumper bar and radiator (precautionary replacement). Would this affect the resale value of the car in future [02-plate 42K miles] ?

The aligment of the panels is better than factory finish since the bodyshop had to drill the holes for the bumper - this way the panel gaps are alot tighter than I expected - irrelevant point now thinking about it.. :roll: :wink:

From your experiences, should I be expecting a heavy increase in premium on renewal? I'm currently on four years not-protected NCB, Derby postcode. I take it I drop down to one year NCB now?

All answers would be greatly received. Thanks for reading :D

Jay..

Back