• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bumper and Splitter respray

Just been quoted 200 smackers for ffront bumper and splitter respray. Obvioulsy it all has to come off and be taken back to primer.

Does this sound like a reasonable price?

Bare in mind a brand new painted bumper (not incl splitter) is only £180 from Honda, thing the splitter is about £250 though....

Bare in mind a brand new painted bumper (not incl splitter) is only £180 from Honda, thing the splitter is about £250 though....

Yeah someone else suggested that, and it's a bit of a conundrum. The splitter isn't too bad, couple of scuffs. It's the bumper that's pretty knacked. It looks like it has a respray (i'm assuming by dealer to cover up previous stone chips). But whoever has done it, they've had some moisture in the airation so the paint has blistered and now the blisters are bursting.

New bumper would be cool as I wouldn't have to worry about colour matching, but it might make the splitter look older. The paintwork on the car is generally very good, no fading. Hence why I want it tip top.

I was quoted £500 for a full front end respray so splitter, bumper, wings and bonnet.

Im a fussy ****er though, prob dont need it all doing TBH.

I was quoted £500 for a full front end respray so splitter, bumper, wings and bonnet.

Im a fussy ****er though, prob dont need it all doing TBH.

Feck thats not bad!:eek:
My whole front end needs doing and Honda quoted me 1000 euros!:evil:

£268 + vat and thats just the painted part of splitter comes in three parts

bumper £180 good price if you dont need splitter

What do you reckon they would charge for fitting? I'm reasonably capable with my hands (just as well I'm an engineer), but I suffer from blind RAGE when it comes to fidly DIY tasks. Last thing I did was install a shower and never again :evil:

I'd get a new bumper if it were me....

What he said.

I did it myself recently, you're probably looking at an hours labour for someone who's done it before, or two hours for someone else.

Have a crack yourself though, there's plently of guides out there telling you what to do. All you need is a few screwdrivers to take the bumper off, then a small ratchet to swap the splitter across.

Yeah I suppose, then I could do the chicken wire thing over the grille too.

Any oterh groovy things I could do whilr the bumper's off?

When I got mine done ages ago- I took it to a local bodyshop repair place that was very highly recommended.

They did a very good job and I only paid £160 or £180 cash.

My spliter is fine but the bumber badly scuffed. I'll have to remember this for a sunny day.

Word of warning. Just checked my with my friendly Honda parts man for a price on a front bumber for a DC5. Not cheap! Over £400 for just the bumper and the spliter is over £350! Respray it is then.

JDM Y0 FAIL.

Hey Gus, where was it that quoted you for this work? I'm thinking of replacing my spoiler and that will need spraying if I get it.

Word of warning. Just checked my with my friendly Honda parts man for a price on a front bumber for a DC5. Not cheap! Over £400 for just the bumper and the spliter is over £350! Respray it is then.

JDM Y0 FAIL.

Wow, that is alot! UK ep3 bumpers are much less, but the splitters are still more for some reason!

Hey Gus, where was it that quoted you for this work? I'm thinking of replacing my spoiler and that will need spraying if I get it.

Hi Ash. It was these guys http://www.grangebodyshop.com/

Only reason I asked them is that they're in the unit next to my work in Middleton. I haven't heard any reports on their spray work, but when I spoke the guy he seemed really knowledgable, plus if he does a sh!t job then I can harass him every day!

To be honest, I;ll probably just get a new bumper as the splitter's not too bad, but the bumper looked rubbish.

FYI, if you think you need your bonnet doing too, he said he's do bumper, splitter and bonnet for 290

See you at the next mcr v-tec

Gus

Back