• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bung in or Bung out??

Had to drive from Reading to Devon to do a job for work decided the bung in was better than some serious droaning for 3 hours!

I didnt think it actually made much difference to sound apart from feeling like someone was strangling the car during VTEC.

I know the buddy club bungs are double baffled my Skunk bung is only single how do others compare?

I felt a bit embaressed with scoobs coming past howling and i have a big 4 " pipe that looked like i had bought it from halfords as you could see the bung inside it :oops:

It can get a bit overwhelming on long journeys.

Put my bung in for the Lake District long haul as Jackie was in the car and it does get a bit much but thats the only time i have ever used it.

Sounded great on the 160 mile drive to Paintball last week 8) 8)

Had my bung in for the 6 mile drive home from the garage as decided it was loud enough

Then pulled it out to see what it sounds like - now I'm not to sure where it is :oops: :lol:

Much more fun bung out, if the droaning gets on your nerves, turn the music up 8)

I can ussually with stand it on my own but i also had a colleauge in the car who drives a TT :lol:

So decided i should put it in.

bungs also good for hang overs :D

can't remember the last time I drunk, so not a problem there :(

another plus side is when the gf starts moaning, just put your foot down, instant excuse.....

'sorry darling, I can't hear what your saying'

.... :twisted:

oh dear....

...luckily mine doesn't know there is a bung available, so she doesn't have a choice :lol:

I had the Skunk2 and now the Spoon N1, the drone doesnt bother me at all. I think if you are carefull with the throttle on the motorway you can minimise the drone.

SiKBoY said:
I had the Skunk2 and now the Spoon N1, the drone doesnt bother me at all. I think if you are carefull with the throttle on the motorway you can minimise the drone.

I find that once the noise has made my ears bleed i can't notice the drone anymore :shock: :lol:

Never use a sub silencer for my N1, don't really find it that loud, as Sikboy said if you control the throttle its not that loud at all.

I didn't buy a sweet sounding exhaust to bung it! my spoon with my mani isn't bad at all so the bung is rarely in! :lol: there are times when it's good to stick it in.

I used my bung when I went to Derbyshire this week to keep the Mrs happy. I does make it considerably quieter, especially starting her up in the morning, but I don't like the noise at VTEC. It doesn't sound healthy.

Needless to say the bung is back out :wink:

Bung out = all the time, even on long journeys :lol:

Bung In = when pets and mother in law are passengers :(

Only had mine for about 3 or so hours but i noticed coming home on the motorway that the noise wasn't that annoying. couldnt really hear it untill you put your foot down agian or changed gear. :D

lightnin21 said:
Only had mine for about 3 or so hours but i noticed coming home on the motorway that the noise wasn't that annoying. couldnt really hear it untill you put your foot down agian or changed gear. :D

Do you have the B-Pipe too? It's the B-Pipe that makes all the noise :wink: But I don't find it too droaning or noisy, it's just the perfect sound :wink:

Bazzer said:
lightnin21 said:

Do you have the B-Pipe too? It's the B-Pipe that makes all the noise :wink: But I don't find it too droaning or noisy, it's just the perfect sound :wink:

No B-Pipe. Just the back box and i am very happy with it. It was my only concern getting a performance exhaust. the drone on a motorway would annoy me to much but i can safely say i dont think i will have that problem with the Spoon. :D

had the bung in my spec III till i got on the m42 then it came out some how so drive round with out one as i can't get another.

if i sit at 77-78 mph on my gps you can hardly hear it.

Back