• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

BushyBaws Knight Hawk Black EP3

Hi Folks,

Thought i'd post a few pictures of my 2004 Facelift EP3.

Current mods are - Nada!

Looking to keep it as standard as possible for now, externally and internally. Until...a good guy from Triple H Performance gets back to me regarding a turbo project. Hopefully in the next few months.

Will try keep the post updated as and when the crazy upgrades start coming :)

"Civic" badge is removed, done that today and to be honest, criticism is cool...but I do actually think the badge looked a bit naff.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Very nice. Looks just like mine did two years ago!

I've never seen the orange indicator lenses on the mirrors before. Triple H will see you right, really good guy with an EPIC fd2.

I am wanting to keep the exterior the same forever, although I will be getting the wheels sorted out (refurbed and recoated) soon enough to bring them back to new condition, few kerb marks n scuffs from previous owner.

Orange indicator lense, i have no idea why one is orange, the other being clear...I will be looking to swap that out at some point if i have a gander on ebay or something or contact an OEM stockist.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh Dave...i knowww...i do thank you a tonne! :) Awaiting his arrival back from holiday, then let the talks begin :D

Thought I would keep this updated with current going on's with the car. Sort of keep updated as a build thread as I go along, any issues that I face along the way etc.

As people have probably seen from other threads in "Faults & Servicing" section. I had rattles, knocks...the whole lot.

After getting a new timing chain, guides and tensioner fitted...I thought yessssss...finally fixed.

Nope :(

Unfortunately some idiot garage before had flushed the engine twice and causing the bearings on the bottom end to self-destruct within a few hundred miles. So the car went to Triple H Performance (Henry Roy) where Henry soon diagnosed the issue as the bearings.

Wasn't the most ideal situation I wanted to be in but I had the Vtec bug and couldn't just scrap the car completely. So out came the wallet and the rebuild began.

Replacing the crank seals, the crank rod, bearings the whole lot.

I then decided to get the clutch changed as it was down to the blue, so Henry recommended the ADL BluePrint clutch.

After 3 weeks without a car and a wallet well and truly empty, I got my baby back tonight at 6pm, sounding as sweet as a nut.

500 Miles of sticking below 4000RPM so that the engine has time to settle along with the special oil to do it's job.

Will be taking it in on Monday to get the right oil put back in and filters changed, with a solid fresh outlook on the civic and VTEC time!! :D

On the flip side...the car will be getting turbocharged. Yes...I know, people have done it, it's nothing new.

What I can say is, mine will be slightly different with a twist ;) I will keep my build thread here updated with pictures as I go along with absolutely everything I do from now on.

I do plan on washing the car with some snowfoam tomorrow as it hasn't been cleaned in weeks and is filthy Yukkkkkkk :p

If I do have the time, I will be taking off the main head tomorrow and sanding and painting the cover tomorrow as now the bottom end has been rebuilt and nice and shiny, it's annoying me that it's so flakey and dull :)

Nice one mate glad it all went well for you. Bet it's killing you sitting below 4k lol.sounds good about the turbo I will keep an eye on your threat

it truly is a killer :(
Just trying to drive as much as possible just now to take it over the 500mile mark to get oil changed and filters done to sit back in VTec yo :p

Also waiting word back on a Gruppe M airbox along with a swap of scuttle panels :)

gave the car a quick wash then snowfoamed the hell out of her and she's gleaming :)

First plan is to get a Gruppe M and cat back this month. Then following month Centre section and perhaps a sports cat. Then after that a Kpro & Remap.

Following everything goes well...Turbo :D

Next week tackling the cam cover and respraying. Although may get it sand blasted and dipped...wallet dependant :)

Lovely car but plenty of bad luck on the way. Fingers crossed your out the woods now.

Last edited by a moderator:
nooooooooo....my bad luck has ran its course with the car :)
anything and everything that could go wrong majorly has gone wrong and rectified by the professionals at Triple H Performance :)

Seriously cant give Henry as much credit as I'd have liked too :D

Well now that the bad luck is out the way the fun can start!

Any idea what caused it to disintegrate? Were you not tempted to put some stronger internals in while it was in bits?

stuck ACL race bearings in along with blueprint clutch....alot better than oem :)

cause of issue was previous owner never looked after it correctly....not checking oil levels...causing bearings to rub to the brass...scoring the crank....not getting engine rattle sorted...leading to timing chain going as slack as a hippos mouth :)

Internals should be solid for 370bhp....if I decide more power then the block will be strengthened which I know ill want more power eventually :)

It seems the timing chain is the K20s Achilles heel. I was so relieved when mine got a clean bill of health recently!

I've heard quite a few people saying that the stock internals are safe up to about 400bhp. That's a lot through the front wheels of such a light car. When you've got it bolted together I need a passenger ride!

definately sir...having to go down traction control route also with the kpro plus thought about a LSD if I went for 600bhp.
Chains are sooooo bad....think its hit or miss whether or not you get lucky or not with them.
Just dont want to use stock block putting too much stress on engine. Even thought around the 320bhp mark to be on safe side.

If all goes well over next month with work bonus etc then going to try book it in...they need 3 weeks to do it though...so will need to hire a car for that period also for work.

Back