• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

BushyBaws Knight Hawk Black EP3

Even more sad news, head gasket went between cylinder 3 & 4, lucky for me it was covered under warranty of bottom end build. Heads been skimmed and the cars being picked up in next few days when i finish my shift pattern, not had her for over 2 weeks as she lay on the driveway motionless, hopefully the end of all issues with the ep3 :)

Turbo conversion is aiming for march/april time now due to unforseen other costs :(

Tell me about it, but never one to give up and always will throw money at the car as I do have a soft spot for her :)

Skimmed head im hoping brings home a few extra bhp :)

After much thought, deliberation and much sadness.......The car is up for sale on Gumtree and soon to be Autotrader, I have thrown iver £3000 at the car and it makes me feel a bit sick having thrown so much money at a car that just isn't worth the wonga. Who ever grabs the car at the price I'm selling it, is well and truly quids in, no worries with the timing chain or bottom or top end. Gutted but sense has kicked in, plus I do need something more sensible for the fuel economy of 80 mile round trip each day to work. How do I advertise the car on here also?

Broken hearted and unwillingness to depart with my money pit, I've decided to just keep the car! going to be ordering a new VTC next week and fitting this myself, as the locking pin on the current one seems to not want to lock the cam at 0 degrees some mornings causing a lovely sounding noise first thing Grrrrrrr...definately not the chain as it has just been replaced and was told about the locking pin when chain was getting done, so needs are must.

Still on course for March/April for the turbo conversion :) New pair of pants on tap at the ready :rolleyes:

@Rambo

Strip down is a no go for me, i've already had the full bottom end rebuilt using up-rated crank and race bearings, the top ends had it's fair share of a small skim, new gasket, new guide, chain and tensioner.

It's already stronger than an average stock block, which is ok up to around 340 horses in normal circumstances...I may look at uprated fuel rail, bigger injectors and some custom fabrication for the turbo build, but no forge is happening as I don't want silly power...as the car is used for going to and fro work.

Next step this month is a wheel refurbishment, nothing to swanky...just wanting the car looking as standard as possible. Then perhaps set of coilovers, rear side window tints (no cheap stuff, properly done). Tempted to get some bright pink somewhere along the line to say to the world "*** you" :)

FRSU i have heard does not make much of a difference and is not really an essential mod for turbocharging the CTR but I am tempted by an LSD perhaps further down the line after forced induction is introduced.

Plus going down the forge route...rods and pistons plus labour is major dosh if i'm right in thinking and flinging say £10'000 at a fully forged engine is in my eyes a bit nuts for an everyday work horse ;)

I'll stick to say 300-340Bhp thanks :cool:

I'm happy to hear you're keeping the car bud!

If you want a bit of help painting and refurbishing bits then give me a shout, I've done a lot of that on mine.

300-340 sounds like a great aim, that's what I would do if FI was an option. Should be epic fun without any major headaches.

Back