• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Buying a used ep3/DC5 and insuring it. . .hints please

Right, my girlfriend is looking at 2 cars
either an DC5 integra or if insurance says nono (likely) then an EP3 uk spec.

First up, whos the youngest dc5 driver on here? and what kind of insurance rates are you paying, also who actualy insure dc5's??? we realy are struggling to find a company that as much as lists them to insure! lol Also the same with EP3's??? apart from the finding a company that lists them part. . .

Shes 19, 2 years NCB and a clean license.

Other questions apply for both cars, what are you looking for when you go to purchase one used?? i know the usual checks and that but where do they start to rust, i know they shouldnt because thier newish but if they do, where will they start?? also any coomin leeks, knocks or bangs etc. . . ??

i am a honda owner myself so i do know most of the stuff and want an ep3 myself, when funds allow. . . .lol but any heads-up tips would be ideal, thankyou

I think you're going to struggle finding a decent quote on an EP3 at 19 let alone a DC5. The DC5 is group 20 and will cost you upwards of £2,000 to insure with your girlfriends credentials. I paid £1,200 for my EP3 when I was 21 and that was bad enough.

I personally don't think it's worth getting a car like an EP3 or a DC5 until you're about 21. The insurance companies will just take you for a ride otherwise.

As for companies to try, there are very few that know what a DC5 is let alone will insure you on it at 19. You can Try Sky insurance as they are a broker who deal with performance cars, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

I think your gonna have massive issues with insuring a DC5 was hard enough for me before i turned 25. They wanted 1500 when i was 24 and i had 6 years no claims. A few places wouldnt even touch me til i was 25. The UK type r is only group 17 so might not be so bad but still going to be a killer either way.

Forget about a dc5 untill she is at least 22-23 with a few more years no claims.
Ep3 is your best bet although even they are group 17 so she will be looking at £1500-£2000.
As jermal said try sky insurance they will be your best bet i was with them my first year of owning the ep3. Alot of companys will require you to have owned the car a year as well before they even give you a quote.
Has she thought of a civic sport? They are group 6 insurance i belive and its still a nippy car 1.6 if you get a facelift it looks fantastic as well. Put some ep3 alloys on it and it looks just like a type r.

Tried Diamond?

Say you use another car reguarly, add two older women as added drivers, who use other cars, and just keep chopping about with the quotes. 10 months bonus accelerator ones are cheaper too.

Tried Diamond?

Say you use another car reguarly, add two older women as added drivers, who use other cars, and just keep chopping about with the quotes. 10 months bonus accelerator ones are cheaper too.
I dont think dimond will ensure a ep3. Although anythings got to be worth a try

From my experience with the EP3; Most insurnace companies will turn you away if you are under 21.

I got mine when I was 20, and paid through the teeth for a 10 month policy with Bell (they were about the only company that gave a quote under £4000)
I wouldn't do it again; conisdering the proce for a yearly policy dropped to by over two thirds when I turned 21.

Having said this; I am a bloke, and the fairer sex are supposedly cheaper to insure.

A female may find it easier than a male but any 19 year old is going to need VERY deep pockets to insure either vehicle. This is not an insurance risk that we would entertain.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

A female may find it easier than a male but any 19 year old is going to need VERY deep pockets to insure either vehicle. This is not an insurance risk that we would entertain.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

There's your answer :( .

SKY insurance
Chriss knot Insurance
BELL
Elephant
Adrian FLux (kings lynn) - 3 inch works for them right?! get him to hook you up!
Greenlight
confused.com
Directline
www.noeldazely.co.uk

Try all of those mate.

yea il chat 3inch up lol i think the teggy is out the window and its looking like another ep2 may come in to temporary play untill all the insurance is sorted etc. . .

the cost of insuring it isnt a problem if its an ep3, iv now had qoutes for well under 2k, you know what women are like, if they see something they want. . . lol

we had some ep rims out being refurbed in championship white anyway so whatever car she gets they will fit, and anything we buy for the ep2 we will make sure will fit an ep3. she still wants one, just need to sort out all the bullshit hassle with the companies first :)
and we will have to get another intake (wont fit a k20 i know)
meh
anyway cheers guys i get the picture itl be hard to insure but we should be ok.

Anyone got any hints on where to look for what when going to buy one??
would be much appriciated, would be ok if it were an EK lol

EK FTW!!!

Back