• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Buying Advice (FN2)

Hey guys I'm new to this forum, and i'm after some advice from you knowledgeable guys ;). I have a 55 premier edition EP3 and still love it but my brother is now considering a FN2 as his next car and has a test drive booked tomorrow. He would be looking to do a deal pretty soonish and is just wondering whats sorts of things he should be looking out for (any faults etc), what kind of deals he could possible get and just your general views on the car etc?.

Any advice you can help me out with is much appreciated guys.

Cheers

Blake

Hi Blake, welcome to TRO.

I would like to say that you would get an unbiased answer, but you may find that your question will be hijacked by the EP3/FN2 which is better, war.

The FN2 like all cars, does have its pitfalls. But to answer your question.

Known Issues:

Paint - Orange peel effect, especially around tailgate area - more prominent on the NHB's

Squeaky dashboard.

Door sill rusting - via drain holes.

Handbrake - Recall in force.

Tyres mismatched across all four, IE Some Conti's, some Bridgestone.

Rear tailgate weather seal leaking.

Plastic trim grommets missing from centre console - down sides of seat.

3rd Gear awkward to select at times - on certain vehicles.

Stonechips, as the whole front is made of cheese!!

Those are the ones that stick in my mind at the moment.
HTH
Marc

Hi everyone

I am also in the process of maybe buying a FN2, going for a test drive today and can't wait......just hope this bloody rain will stop soon!

Anyway's i think i am going to go for the GT model, what sort of price point do you think i could push the sales person for? Considering what it is like out there at the moment in the old economy!!

Thanks

I would strongly suggest you test drive other vehicles before spending sooo much money on a brand new car

Back