• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Buying Falken 452

Have been shopping about for four new boots for the CTR as front near side is wearing on inside and have to get her tracked. Camskill by far the cheapest option so far. Was passing one of my local tyre shops today and called in,"yea no problem mate, 4 tyres I can do for £500.00 inc vat." fcking numpty. Then I phoned Modern Tyres and got the reply "Falken, thats them budget tyres, don't stock them." How do these monkeys get away with it :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just stuck four on my Ep3 and they're great. As for the uneven wear have you had a FRSU done?I had the same problem with mine when I first bought it but one visit to TGM with a fist full of notes and all was well and even again.

Planning to lower car with FRSU in new year, the first real mod I am planning tbh. Being in Northern Ireland I am finding it hard to find someone to do the work :(

Make a day of it. Book it in first thing somewhere I'm guessing TDI north is the closest and take a night blast through north Wales! With enough Vtec it won't take long at all.

Planning to lower car with FRSU in new year, the first real mod I am planning tbh. Being in Northern Ireland I am finding it hard to find someone to do the work :(

AI Autosport are in Northern Ireland mate, understand that they are pretty reputable too. :cool:

i used camskill the other day upon dottys reccomendation.

i used to use mytyres because you could play tricks with their dutch call centre staff and end up getting a few free tyres but the last time i ordered from them they were a week delivery and then delivered the wrong tyres.

if you are in no rush and want to keep calling up and changing order quantities to get free tyres then use mytyres. if you want them quickly use camskill.

Ive used Camskill for my Elise, VX220, Clio 172 Track car, and now my CTR. I will also be using them for the BMW.

I have 4 new Falken 452's all round on the CTR and I am very impressed.

Make a day of it. Book it in first thing somewhere I'm guessing TDI north is the closest and take a night blast through north Wales! With enough Vtec it won't take long at all.

the expanse of water called the Irish Sea might be an issue in Vtec, wonder if I could aqua plane accross?? :D

What size of tyre would these be on my CTR, because ive tried looking for the same tyre size as my existing Bridgestone potenzas, which is 205 / 45 ZR 17 80 W

And ive tried tyretraders.co.uk and just cant find the same size tyre for the Falken 452 ? Any ideas, first time ive changed from Bridgestones on the CTR you see.

What size of tyre would these be on my CTR, because ive tried looking for the same tyre size as my existing Bridgestone potenzas, which is 205 / 45 ZR 17 80 W

And ive tried tyretraders.co.uk and just cant find the same size tyre for the Falken 452 ? Any ideas, first time ive changed from Bridgestones on the CTR you see.

Yeh they don't come in 205 you have to get 215's they'll fit fine lots of guys on here run 215's on their OEM rims.

They're great tyres I have them on mine.

Yeh they don't come in 205 you have to get 215's they'll fit fine lots of guys on here run 215's on their OEM rims.

They're great tyres I have them on mine.

Are the 215 size ones a lower profile or something?

Also no idea how much is a good price for these as just checked the tyretraders website and im just getting sent to a domain name page now, where as last night it was working fine? :confused:

Just ordered a full set of these for mine as my bonus came through today.
I toyed with the idea of the 40 profile, but my wheels are kerbed enough as it is so went with 215/45/17's.
£354 all in from BlackCircles (inc Vat, fitting, balancing, disposal).
Sweet.

Thanks for the help. :D

After looking at my tyres today, the only two with about 1/2 - 3/4 treads left are the ones which ive switched to the front for the time being, but only just realised that one is a bridgestone potenza and the other is a marshalls, where as the two im already replacing are both bridgestone potenza.

So, what im thinking now, is to just get four new Falken 452's instead of buying just the two as i originally intended. But not keen on chucking away two tyres with that much tread on them. So was just wondering if the garage that changes them, would have them off me for a price as a part worn if i were to have all four falkens fitted? Do garages do this? Do they buy part worns off you? :confused:

Stick them on ebay. You should save a couple of quid as you won't have to pay for disposal either ;)

Back